Adl

Billy5
Site Admin

Adl

Post by Billy5 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Great to have indoor football back on Gulf Coast. Some credible people been working on this for a while.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:35 am

These days, if it's indoor football, if it's minor league football of any kind, it's automatically suspect.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:57 am

This should be interesting. Looks like the Columbus Lions base have decided to go ahead and run their own league.

I cant think of any team with more experience to do this. Columbus has been in nearly every Indoor Football league in the country. They always draw well and have several titles. They showed this season they are on a whole other level than the rest of the AIF.

It will be interesting to see what teams they pluck from other leagues and how far outside the Southeast the footprint goes.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:16 pm

I have no information on this, but I suspect this will be where the Richmond Raiders land if they choose to come back from hiatus in 2017.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:56 pm

:) Okay welcome to the party ADL, Now while I will be simply one of probably many to say go for it and glad to see the effort that will be put into this. Remember the PIFL? First thing to notice about a new venture is the mission statement it will establish a true sense of just how far the venture can really go if everything falls into place in other areas, in this case one can first ask the question does the current arena league own the trade name to arena football? if so the new league will need to get permission to use it before establishing any relationship with it, but we don't know if or what has taken place behind the scene. Second point more into the statement their appears to be two separate missions, first they have gone well over board in trying to win the fans approval by promising everything. If the mission statement is clear and concise the Fan Bill of Rights would take care of itself, here are the conflicts in the statement- The goal of the ADL is to showcase players and give them opportunity to move up and play in the AFL-Our mission is to introduce football players to playing and coaching opportunities for teams in Europe.- mission statement- To consistently provide reasonably priced, family entertainment by vetted arena/indoor football teams and do so with honor and integrity towards our sponsors, fans and supporters in the communities in which we serve.
Finally, a mission is different from a vision in that the former is the cause and the latter is the effect; a mission is something to be accomplished whereas a vision is something to be pursued for that accomplishment. Good luck to them and I certainly hope its successful but simply understand that the mission statement gives you a lot of information if you know what you're looking at. :cool:

Sec19Row53
Site Admin

Post by Sec19Row53 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:58 pm

I don't care enough to google it. What does ADL stand for? Not as in 'mission statement', as in, what's that acronym? Arena Duh League?

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Arena Development League.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:44 am

[quote=""robster2001""]I have no information on this, but I suspect this will be where the Richmond Raiders land if they choose to come back from hiatus in 2017.[/quote]

Never mind. The Raiders' ownership has announced that they no longer intend to operate an indoor football team, focusing instead on training, support, and the dance team.

They are willing to "partner" with someone else who might want to start a team in Richmond.

suge night
Site Admin

Global Indoor Football League

Post by suge night » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Global Indoor Football League goes kaput

No go

No go

File photo

The Mississauga-based Global Indoor Football League has pulled the plug on operations, citing a lack of prospective owners, players and fans. Here, league owner David Parsons (second from right) is seen with Mississauga Meltdown coach Jarrod Rogol, Meldown quarterback B.J. Hall and Windsor Waves coach D.J. Daniels at the league's prospect combine in January.

Mississauga News
By Iain Colpitts

MISSISSAUGA — A Mississauga-based football league has pulled the plug on operations without a single pass being thrown.

The Global Indoor Football League, an aspiring semi-professional league run by Clarkson businessman David Parsons, has ceased operations due to a lack of prospective owners, players and fans.

"We set a mandate if nothing happened in regards to making things happen by a certain date that we would pull the plug on the league," Parsons said in an open letter published yesterday on the league's website.

"We don’t want to ruin or burn markets if the interest is not there from a business standpoint for teams and also fans."

The GIFL was planning on starting up in August with a showcase tournament featuring the league's four teams: the Mississauga Meltdown, Windsor Waves, Guelph Gangsters and Oshawa Onslaught before kicking off play in 2015.

Each of the four teams was expected to operate with a salary cap of $30,000.

The league gained some publicity in January when it held a prospect combine at Canlan Sportsplex on Wolfedale Rd., but it couldn't maintain that traction through the following months.

Iain Colpitts is a reporter with The Mississauga News. He can be reached at icolpitts@mississauga.net . Follow him on Twitter and the Mississauga News on Facebook

I put this story up to show that while again the weekly franchise report is an excellent idea sometimes its a waste to read, now it reported that this league is again looking for teams and would play in 2017. Clearly it has no chance of doing that based upon this 2014 news article, yet again a league with no business being mentioned .

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”