It's ba-ack...

Minor League Man
Site Admin

It's ba-ack...

Post by Minor League Man » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:22 pm

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 89401.html

I WISH I were making this up...yes, the NIFL is really returning (Carolyn Shiver and all)

Here's their website active again: http://www.niflfootball.com/index.html

Lord help us all...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:55 pm

This one line sums it all up ( So Close You Can See their Lips Move) from the site.

The return basic concept is flawed players making up to $100,000.00 dollars is completely outlandish another flaw is all local teams televised games, well if they did that who would pay to come to the actual live event :confused: not well thought out idea looks more like a semi pro's guy plan. Local fan buy in for ownership a lawsuit just waiting to happen, last point why would the sponsor pay the league or team for something they could simply pick up the phone and commit too directly. It would be interesting to see the league return but this initial business plan shows no lesson learned from past mistakes, and no real vision upon just how much has changed most of its press was old stories means nothing now because of the monumental failure of 2007 its final season, simply stating you are going to leverage social media means little to nothing if you don't really understand its more than a posting thread. good luck but this is much to do about nothing.... :cool:

mateinsixtynine
Site Admin

Post by mateinsixtynine » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Looks like none of the links go anywhere on the page though. My favorite quote though:
The NIFL was the largest league in the United States until 2007 when the league made the business decision to stop play for a period of time and come back with a strong business plan to involve communities in the success of the teams.
Yep, they shut down because of a business decision, not because all the legitimate teams left during that last season.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:05 pm

*getting the popcorn ready*

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Just skimmed it so maybe I missed the name, but where does it say Carolyn Shiver is involved? The contact address is in Grandville, MI, not Louisiana. Are we sure this isn't a joke?

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Good point, Preeths having dealt directly with C. Shiver parts of it doesn't look like her, it also looks like whoever it is has spent much of the message attempting to gain trust . But it has a flavor of semi pro style promise everything since I have no idea how a sports organization really operates.

Lets face it up to a $100,000 salary would be more than the operating budget of the team in a league that would be considered under the AFL level of talent, they may not have done their homework in regards to simply using the name as well if its not her. She may still have the rights to the name which could bring her out if this is not her she will file suit count on that, but I guess we'll find out if this goes anywhere at all in launching.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:30 pm

[quote=""suge night""]another flaw is all local teams televised games, well if they did that who would pay to come to the actual live event :confused: [/quote]

That's why no one in any sport ever televises their home games.

Wait, what?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:54 am

Sam, sometimes you my friend are simply to smart for your own good :idea:

My reference about home games being televised is based upon the minor league sports model which all arena/indoor football is seen as, if you televise all of the home games as proposed in the NIFL press release especially live forget about your gate. I operate in the TV industry bubble and consult teams looking for ways to use TV, In ways that can offer them some type of return, here's an example just this season a team decided to broadcast its games live at the considered minor league level the attendance numbers went down every home game why go when you can simply pop your corn and kick up your heels, there were other problems with this particular team as well but televising those games live added to its problems. Currently the NFL home games are built around the wrestling model of TV where as the people attending the game are simply eye candy, they need you to watch the game live more so than actually attend. :rolleyes:
Last edited by suge night on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordBy2014
Site Admin

Doa?

Post by LordBy2014 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Queue music . . . "Another One Bites the Dust"

Kansas Bill
Site Admin

Post by Kansas Bill » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:20 am

The number that jumped out at me, and I had to return to make sure I read it correctly.... 100 BILLION dollar business strategy and plan??? 100 BILLION? SMH.... But come on admit it... Ya'all miss the Long Beach Muscle Heads and Alameda Street Boys... <eye roll>...

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”