And Sioux City makes it official

Gusher
Site Admin

Post by Gusher » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:04 pm

[quote=""IndoorExpert""]Beaumont had 400 fans (probably worse) on their best day in every league they were in. They also went through many changes over the years. The buzz was nowhere close to Sioux City.[/quote]

400 fans on their best day nay Beaumont had more than 3500 at least three times. Now sure some of those games had free ticket given away, BUT I was told the Drillers made money on those games because of the lease agreement and sponsorship incentives. Did the Drillers have some lean crowds for some of the games yes... But few could argue the ones that were there sure could make some noise. :)
Now as far as the yearly changes SOME should have been made alot sooner

IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 pm

[quote=""Gusher""]400 fans on their best day nay Beaumont had more than 3500 at least three times. Now sure some of those games had free ticket given away, BUT I was told the Drillers made money on those games because of the lease agreement and sponsorship incentives. Did the Drillers have some lean crowds for some of the games yes... But few could argue the ones that were there sure could make some noise. :)
Now as far as the yearly changes SOME should have been made alot sooner[/quote]

I was being a little sarcastic (little is the key word). I have been to a game in Beaumont and seen enough game film from Beaumont, to accurately say that 200-300 fans was a norm. However, I dont doubt that in the good early years that 3500 fans were probably at the game. Numbers in a paper never seem to tell the story because so many teams give a way a few thousand tickets per game to appear to be on stable footing to their sponsors (which they need desperately). Some arena leases also give lower rent for attendance numbers (helps save a few bucks). I would still prefer not to lessen the value of my whole operation than to APPEAR to have a good crowd. Once a team starts giving away tickets, they never seem to regain the luster of people's discretionary income. It's always better to wait until the team starts giving them away.

My opinion still stands that Sioux City has a much bigger buzz to the APFL than the Drillers to the APFL did!!! Sioux City is a stable franchise while the Drillers were trying to hang on by all means necessary when they made the switch. This just isnt comparable.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:58 pm

[quote=""IndoorExpert""] Once a team starts giving away tickets, they never seem to regain the luster of people's discretionary income. It's always better to wait until the team starts giving them away.[/quote]

Very well said and very true!

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”