And Sioux City makes it official

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:52 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]It appears you like playing Devils advocate for every league, except for the IFL....hmmmm

Here's a couple of questions for Jerry:

Did the IFL have any cancelled games in 2010, the leagues only 2nd season?

Did every IFL team pay all it's players, coaches and staff in 2010? If not, it's similiar to the APFL.[/quote]

So's the AFL. They can't keep teams to save their lives, either. Sure, the teams use bailing twine and duct tape to get through the season, but the AFL lost quite a few markets this offseason, too.

No indoor league is all that great. Please keep this on topic for once.
What are you doing here?

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:35 pm

[quote=""exit322""]So's the AFL. They can't keep teams to save their lives, either. Sure, the teams use bailing twine and duct tape to get through the season, but the AFL lost quite a few markets this offseason, too.

No indoor league is all that great. Please keep this on topic for once.[/quote]

I did'nt realize Exit was a mod now.

As far as on topic, we were discussing the Sioux City leaving the IFL for the APFL. My post was dead on topic.

BTW, the AFL neither had cancelled games nor missed paychecks. But this thread is not about the AFL. Please stay on topic.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Let me quote the first post of this thread:
How does baiting someone who is anything but an IFL apologist about not bowing down to the miserable excuse for the old AFL that we have now...have anything to do with the APFL's newest member? Please, answer that. If you're having trouble understanding the question and don't want to look like a moron again, please send me a private message and I'll walk you through the specifics of what I've just asked.
Last edited by exit322 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Indoor Fan strikes again. There is not ANY of the niche leagues that are perfect. They all do some things good, and ALL have done some things bad. The AFL folded their whole league and went dark. I think that qualifies for one of the worst things a league has done to their fans, corporate sponsors, and players. I can name several people that I personally know that were financially crushed by the AFL's poor business plan. Pressing reset only works for video games on a home console, it doesnt excuse a league from crippling many involved employees. The second AFL is no different than all of the league jumping going on. Cut the losses, bury it in Bankruptcy court, screw over many people, and bring the league back out again. That sounds familiar.

However, lets stay on topic..................
Last edited by IndoorExpert on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Let me quote the first post of this thread:

How does baiting someone who is anything but an IFL apologist about not bowing down to the miserable excuse for the old AFL that we have now...have anything to do with the APFL's newest member? Please, answer that. If you're having trouble understanding the question and don't want to look like a moron again, please send me a private message and I'll walk you through the specifics of what I've just asked.[/quote]

Wow...that sounded like a feeble attempt at a personal attack.

I just simply asked the very same questions that Jerry asked of the APFL. It can go both ways.

BTW the AFL just released it's 2011 schedule, including the Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Kansas City and San Jose Markets. The AFL will also be once again broadcast on NFLN.

But this is not an AFL thread, so back on topic.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:52 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]

I just simply asked the very same questions that Jerry asked of the APFL. It can go both ways.

BTW the AFL just released it's 2011 schedule, including the Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Kansas City and San Jose Markets. The AFL will also be once again broadcast on NFLN.

[/quote]
I've got the same question, how come it doesn't go both ways?

You love to smack all of the Indoor leagues and pretend the AFL and af2 were/are perfect.

Did 3 AFL teams fold this off season? Did Milwaukee have serious financial troubles during the season and bounce some checks? Yes, it looks like the AFL is making strides but they have also had some issues.

You tell us the SIFL is the best / strongest Indoor league, how come you haven't joined this discussion with your infinite wisdom?
//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=18058

Is this a good idea or not in your opinion? Will your illustrious league be tarnished if they turn to the ankle biters for their developmental league? Will a lower tier push the AFL to overspend like the old one?

What happened to the "Out til December" pledge?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Sorry, looks like he won't be able to answer.
What are you doing here?

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:46 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Sorry, looks like he won't be able to answer.[/quote]

Not nice guys, you baited him into getting himself banned. just mean lol

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 pm

For the record, that was not my intent. I didn't expect a Tackleberry impression to be done on the banning squad.
What are you doing here?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 pm

My patience wears thin with repeat violators who show no intention of changing.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”