New AF2 teams rumors

wetdawg
Site Admin

New AF2 teams rumors

Post by wetdawg » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:56 pm

Curious if anyone has heard these rumors. Tupelo Fire Ants move to AF2 from the UIF. Tennessee Vallay Vipers return to AF2 in 07. and Biloxi comes to the AF2 in 06, any truth to these. The TV rumor is if there is new ownership Art is moving the Raptors to Rockford Il.

TinytimTony8
Site Admin

Post by TinytimTony8 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:14 pm

Curious if anyone has heard these rumors. Tupelo Fire Ants move to AF2 from the UIF. Tennessee Vallay Vipers return to AF2 in 07. and Biloxi comes to the AF2 in 06, any truth to these. The TV rumor is if there is new ownership Art is moving the Raptors to Rockford Il.
The Tupelo Fire Ants are going to make up the majority of the AF2 team in Biloxi. I have also heard the rumor about the Vipers but I don't have any info on it.
Welcome to the Graveyard

http://www.freewebs.com/nonightmare

Billy5
Site Admin

Post by Billy5 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:49 am

Fourcade did a good job in a bad situation this year in Tupelo. Would be a good choice for HC in Biloxi where he coached and played with the Firedogs.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:51 am

It would be good to see Tennessee Valley, Tupelo, Birmingham, Montgomery, and Biloxi in the same league. It's a shame it'll probably never happen.

I don't see how the AF2 would allow the Tennessee Valley team back under the current ownership without paying an expansion fee as if they were a new franchise.

Sykotyk

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:13 pm

Perhaps they will consider they were "on leave" or a "sabbatical"... and be happy to have a team back...

Billy5
Site Admin

Post by Billy5 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:00 pm

Sykotyk wrote:It would be good to see Tennessee Valley, Tupelo, Birmingham, Montgomery, and Biloxi in the same league. It's a shame it'll probably never happen.

I don't see how the AF2 would allow the Tennessee Valley team back under the current ownership without paying an expansion fee as if they were a new franchise.

Sykotyk
Would be good to have one back in Pensacola. Never knew what happened there. Teams would be close enough for fans to travel to away games.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:20 pm

Problems with Pensacola. Tim Kerr has an exclusivity clause in the Ice Pilots lease with the PCC.

And now, the story behind the death of the Pensacola Barracudas. The owners of the Ice Pilots and the Barracudas were one and the same. After two seasons, they were disguntled with the lack of much success on the field (mainly because they were impatient and didn't want ot wait to build a contender) so they sold the franchise back to the league behind the veil of wanting to focus on Hockey in Pensacola. I called it a veil becausethe next off season, they sold the Ice Pilots to Tim Kerr.

wetdawg
Site Admin

Post by wetdawg » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:18 pm

So the Felix's owned the Barracudas like they owned the Steeldogs. Because did the Felix's own the Bulls and the Ice Pilots at the same time, and ran the Bulls in the ground?

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”