Game Used jersey collection

aball
Site Admin

Game Used jersey collection

Post by aball » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Here is my indoor football game used jersey collection. I know they are from the NIFL, but this was the league I played in and followed. Anyone else have Game used jersey collections?

NIFL GAME USED JERSEYS

River City Rage
Yakima Shockwave
Lakeland Thunderbolts
Greensboro Revolution
Greenville Riverhawks
Katy Copperheads
Fayetteville Guard
Colorado Venom
La Crosse Night Train (black)
La Crosse Night Train (silver)
Waco Marshals
San Antonio Steers
Tri City Diesel
Show Me Believers
Mississippi Fire Dogs
San Diego Shockwave
Sioux Falls Storm

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:15 pm

:infun:

Independent
Site Admin

Post by Independent » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:00 pm

You can't have a San Antonio Steers jersey they never had a team. The team that played the Drillers that season was a semi- pro team from San Antonio called the Rough Riders.

aball
Site Admin

Post by aball » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:04 pm

I actually got the Steers jersey from a Drillers staff member. He said they left a couple behind. The jersey is green with gold numbers and has an NIFL patch on it.

The San Antonio Steers only played one official NIFL game on May 12th, 2007 at the Beaumont Drillers (there are offiicial stats on it) I believe the league owned them.

This makes the Steers jersey as rare as the 2004 Colorado Venom jersey, as they only played one official road game, as well.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:19 pm

I have over 300 jerseys in my collection, along with 50+ helmets. A number of the jerseys are from the same team, (I have about 20 Portland Prowler home jerseys). About 95% are game used, some are authentic and a few a replica.
aball - your collection is very similar to someone elses collection who posts here all the time.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Question to you collectors...

How do you go about getting your equipment? Buy them, get them as a gift from players?

aball
Site Admin

Post by aball » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:50 pm

[quote=""newiflfan""]Question to you collectors...

How do you go about getting your equipment? Buy them, get them as a gift from players?[/quote]

Ebay, contact teams, folding teams, players, just keep eyes open and search. Indoor/arena game used jerseys are sometimes tough to find, but sometimes easier because teams fold all the time. The hunt is the fun part.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

There are a number of ways.

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Teams sell game used jerseys on line and at the game. Green Bay has their 2009 AF2 jerseys for sale right now. $50 each
http://greenbayblizzard.com/StoreDetail.php?ID=41
The Reading Express were selling their 2006 away jerseys last year. $100
The Casper Cavalry had game used and game day (authentic) jerseys for sale at their games last year. Starting at $35.
Contact the teams as well. They will sometimes sell just a few items and don't advertise it.

Some Fan clubs get access to game used items to sell or auction off.

The Evansville Bluecats and Tallahasse Titans had garage sales when the teams folded.

E-bay is another good way. You can find older and defunct team items.

Searching online on google or other places sometimes gets you some good stuff. http://www.hartelsports.com/ This guy had some La Crosse Night Train jerseys. His web site just expired though.

Check message boards. Members and teams will post info on items for sale.

I had another member of this board contact me. He could tell I collected and he had bunch of Texas Terminator jerseys.

Remember to search "outside the box" as well. Not everyone knows what they have. I found a few helmets on e-bay under "used football helmets"

I have not purchased anything yet, but I have seen a few items on craigslist as well.

And of course you can trade with or purchase from other collectors.

Of course, not every deal works out. I have a few items get lost in the mail and been stiffed by others. :(
But I have also received a few gifts from owners and players. :)

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:11 pm

[quote=""aball""] The hunt is the fun part.[/quote]

Yes, I agree 100% :)

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 pm

I was wondering if teams ever put stuff up for sale- the local minor league baseball team to me sells pants and jerseys every year, but I hadn't heard of other teams from within the same farm system doing that, so I had always wondered if that practice was very widespread.

Over the past couple of years I've slowly started to work on collecting baseball memorbillia, so I can relate to the fun of trying to find the next good collection piece.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”