USIFL pushes season back again.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

USIFL pushes season back again.

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Fri May 15, 2009 12:39 am

Incase any one else cares;

The Outlawz will announce their summer schedule June 1st, according to their web page. The USIFL page says 18 days until the schedule is announced.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Fri May 15, 2009 9:47 am

[quote=""50 Yard Fan""]Incase any one else cares;

The Outlawz will announce their summer schedule June 1st, according to their web page. The USIFL page says 18 days until the schedule is announced.[/quote]

Well that's a shocker. :roll: Wasnt it initially April? Then May? Isn't the AFL pulling this same kind of delay, delay, delay crapola with their fans?

Anyway, if DePaul's Outlawz don't win this four team league's title I'll have to personally go out there and slap him silly for being a major dufus. :cool:

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri May 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Not announcing the schedule until June 1? They better be careful or they'll run out of summer.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Fri May 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Not sure if it will even be 4 teams. The New England Surge offically folded a month ago

//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... p?p=114570
The decline and fall of the N.E. Surge

douglas mccarthy
Site Admin

by the way

Post by douglas mccarthy » Tue May 19, 2009 4:08 pm

where in the world is carmen sandiago i mean jim depaul

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 pm

[quote=""douglas mccarthy""]where in the world is carmen sandiago i mean jim depaul[/quote]

rumored to be on vacation with Jim Terry.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Tue May 19, 2009 4:20 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]rumored to be on vacation with Jim Terry.[/quote]

{Laughs to himself. Allows a smile. Appreciates the line.}
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

BananaCat
Site Admin

Outlawz fan sacked by defunct team

Post by BananaCat » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Outlawz fan sacked by defunct team

http://www.mcall.com/news/all-a1_5dog08 ... 754.column
...The Outlawz never took the field. But the team took Querio's money.

... Querio hasn't been able to get a refund for his $120 tickets, and doesn't even know if the franchise still exists or intends to play again. He said his calls and e-mails to the team have gone unanswered. ''You're keeping all your fans, all your season-ticket holders, in the dark,'' Querio said.

... Outlawz President James DePaul didn't return calls to the team's Hellertown office -- which is empty-- or to his Souderton home. Of course, he might not have much to say to me since an arbitration panel last month ordered DePaul and the Outlawz to pay The Morning Call about $6,500 to settle a lawsuit over unpaid advertising bills.

Three former Outlawz players, Dom Stewart, Zikoma Richards and Brandon Simmons, told me the team owes them money, too. Stewart said he's owed $500 to $600 in game checks. Richards said he's owed three games' worth of workers' compensation after being injured in 2007. Simmons said he's owed about $700 in playoff game checks from 2008. The team also is facing a lawsuit in the firing of its former head coach, Gregory Justice, early last year. Justice sued DePaul and the team in Northampton County Court, alleging breach of contract. DePaul and the team, in court papers, say they had the right to end the contract at any time without cause. They allege Justice breached the contract.

Fans like Querio wouldn't have known about what was going on off the field. Querio, who had attended numerous games, was so excited about seeing every home game in the upcoming season that he checked the team and league Web sites for daily updates as kickoff neared. He said the team announced to its ticket holders in January it would be leaving the Continental Indoor Football League and joining a new league, the United States Indoor Football League. The team said the season would start in March, about the same time it had in past seasons. It was delayed until April, then May. Finally, there was an announcement saying the schedule would be out June 1. It wasn't. The Web site hasn't been updated since May 30.

Jeff Spitaleri, co-owner of the Continental Indoor Football League, told me the Outlawz left after the 2008 season when their contract was up. He said the team planned to start its own league, the United States Indoor Football League, ''but to my knowledge that never happened,'' Spitaleri said by e-mail. ''They wanted to go into a different direction with a couple other teams in the league that had their contracts expire as well,'' Spitaleri wrote. ''It was unfortunate because they were a professional organization that did everything we asked of them.''

The United States Indoor Football League has an equally outdated Web site, http://www.usifl.com , that shows the Outlawz as one of the teams. The phone number for the league -- which is based in Florida but has a northeast Pennsylvania area code -- is disconnected.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

The TRUTH
Site Admin

Thank you Bananacat (Eric/family) for your wonderful journalism...

Post by The TRUTH » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:20 pm

However, in your posting of the article, they forgot to mention the $15k won against the Morning Call (let's not mention them currently being in Bankruptcy) and made a big deal out of $120 which could not be documented; or the $120 would have been refunded. As for players named, anyone who knows them knows better.

Oh, one other thing, somehow you missed these two documents.

[img]httphttp://www.leaguelineup.com/phillyoutlawz-org/ ... escase.PNG[/img]

[img]httphttp://www.leaguelineup.com/phillyoutlawz-org/ ... Check.jpeg[/img]

Please stop the personal bashing and silliness; as we know there are a lot of skeltons in closets out there. Time for all to move on and get over themselves.

THE TRUTH
Last edited by The TRUTH on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: *

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”