SL game #2

4th&long
Site Admin

SL game #2

Post by 4th&long » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:30 am

While still no TV production, this broadcast was an improvement for how long they had it.

Game was better too with some big plays.

Still it is a FB academy - we'll see what happens this week.

4th

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:04 am

Many of these football wannabes are also candidates for pro wrestling. And there are academies for that yet...there's just one Dean Muhtadi aka "Mojo Rawley®".

All of these "leagues" show video which just makes thousands of sparrs think they never got a true shot at either college or even funnier, the pros.

But all of them will be ready, "next year" or "if tryouts come near them". It's another version of "American Idol" or that Spike TV show, "4th & Long". And everyone is a RB/DB/WR yet yet they aren't fast nor can catch the f#cking ball.

A11FL, MLFB, The Spring League, ASFL, SPFL will all be built with talent which is not good enough to be on "4th & Long" the snow to start.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:50 pm

[quote=""Renandpat""]Many of these football wannabes are also candidates for pro wrestling. And there are academies for that yet...there's just one Dean Muhtadi aka "Mojo Rawley®".

All of these "leagues" show video which just makes thousands of sparrs think they never got a true shot at either college or even funnier, the pros.

But all of them will be ready, "next year" or "if tryouts come near them". It's another version of "American Idol" or that Spike TV show, "4th & Long". And everyone is a RB/DB/WR yet yet they aren't fast nor can catch the f#cking ball.

A11FL, MLFB, The Spring League, ASFL, SPFL will all be built with talent which is not good enough to be on "4th & Long" the snow to start.[/quote]

All those other leagues were either scams or were never getting off the ground

While SL isnt much and FXFL only slightly better but under funded and flawed - they were legit in as far as happening - even in failing

4th

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 am

While SL isnt much and FXFL only slightly better but under funded and flawed - they were legit in as far as happening - even in failing
4th&Long

You have a point just because the league doesn't go, you're right doesn't make it a scam for me that only comes into play if or when they attempt to take in large sums of cash without a product just my opinion and remember everyone has one of those.

Woods while well intended has no business in the business of minor league sports, he simply doesn't have the knowledge needed to succeed, as I have stated he's intent on using a out dated model and its not just him.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 pm

"Scam" is a strong word. I hesitate to use it most of the time.

I think the NAFL is/was a scam. I don't believe they ever had the infrastructure to pull off a league.

I think MLFB thought it would be easier than it was. (Hint: it wasn't.) But I don't think they intended to defraud. They were just inept. (That said, I do think they have manipulated the hell out of their stock in the last year, so while the league wasn't a scam at first, they have surely gamed the system to try and recoup some losses).

The FXFL and Spring League aren't scams, either. Just the brainchildren of someone who has no idea how to pull off a league, and who may have been surprised when his initial plan - of being acquired by the NFL - didn't happen and he had an "Oh, sh**" moment when he realized he'd have to pull off a league.

The A11FL should not have gone any farther than its founder's chalkboard, but was not a scam, apparently. The others are just vanity projects by people with more ambition than money.

And the thing in California has some names behind it and may have some money in it as well, but will find out the same thing the others have/will (and which I've been saying for a while): there's no market for this. I don't care how many times people tweet that they're "football starved," they're NFL football starved. Strip teams of their historical context and emotional relevance, and you have two sides of 11 guys running into each other.

That's not why people watch football. And watching guys play who aren't good enough is not a viable business plan.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “Outdoor Football”