PFT:Greg Hardy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kellen Winslow arrive for Spring League

4th&long
Site Admin

PFT:Greg Hardy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kellen Winslow arrive for Spring League

Post by 4th&long » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:26 pm

More SL exposure on PFT....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-league/

>>According to a spokesman for the league has informed PFT that the following former NFL players are in attendance: defensive end Greg Hardy, running back Ahmad Bradshaw, tight end Kellen Winslow, quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson, running back Ben Tate, and quarterback Ricky Stanzi.<<

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Now that Woods has made it clear what "success" would look like, I think there are two metrics by which to judge The Spring League:

1) Woods' own declaration that getting 20% of these players back to the NFL means that, what, 30-40 players from this group have to get signed/go to camp? (I think they have four teams in this "league?" I'm assuming somewhere between 40-50 players on a team, 160-200 total players, and 20% of that is 30-40.) That seems unlikely.

2) How many people actually pony up to go to games and watch them online. Woods will, of course, overstate both.

Watching Kellen Winslow - a not-really-great player and a bad human - play in glorified scrimmages does not sound like Must See TV. And I don't think he's getting back in the NFL based on a handful of games against other guys who aren't good enough, either.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Ticket prices for those who reside in Greenbrier County were cut to $10.

Not gonna help.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:27 am

[quote=""Renandpat""]Ticket prices for those who reside in Greenbrier County were cut to $10.

Not gonna help.[/quote]

The smell of desperation. It smells like doggy doo doo.

Return to “Outdoor Football”