That's pretty much a wrap on MLFB

Sam Hill
Site Admin

That's pretty much a wrap on MLFB

Post by Sam Hill » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 am

Their new quarterly report is out and, basically, they have given up on the idea of having a full season in 2017 (no announcement on that yet, but you can't lie to the SEC) and hope to have a "short season" this summer.

Only problem: they claim to need $5M like, pronto, to be able to pull that off and another $20M by year's end to pull off a 2018 season.

Every single time they've put financial requirements and deadlines into one of their QRs, the money has not materialized. They seem to have generated some cash to pay bills by selling their stock (which was at $0.08 at last look), but if it continues to fall, eventually it won't be listed at all.

I think you can put a toe tag on this one.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:33 am

A new investor, someone named Jerry Craig, has apparently acquired a majority interest in MLFB, triggering the resignations of Michael Queen (in late June) and Rick Smith and Wes Chandler (late July) and the termination of Ivory Sully.

The stock price shot up from about $.05 to $.22 late last week and is still at $.20 at last report. The league's website says it will have a new look this month (I'm skeptical) and their Facebook page shows a new graphic.

I await their annual report, which should be out soon and should be fun. My guess is we'll go through this b.s. with this vaporware league again as this Jerry Craig guy manipulates the stock price with various announcements about how they're going to play next spring, only they never will.

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:03 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]A new investor, someone named Jerry Craig, has apparently acquired a majority interest in MLFB, triggering the resignations of Michael Queen (in late June) and Rick Smith and Wes Chandler (late July) and the termination of Ivory Sully.

The stock price shot up from about $.05 to $.22 late last week and is still at $.20 at last report. The league's website says it will have a new look this month (I'm skeptical) and their Facebook page shows a new graphic.

I await their annual report, which should be out soon and should be fun. My guess is we'll go through this b.s. with this vaporware league again as this Jerry Craig guy manipulates the stock price with various announcements about how they're going to play next spring, only they never will.[/quote]

It is more disheartening that some of those drafted went to their Twitter page two years later (and older) asking if their draft slot still means that they'll go to camp with said "team".

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:54 am

[quote=""Renandpat""]It is more disheartening that some of those drafted went to their Twitter page two years later (and older) asking if their draft slot still means that they'll go to camp with said "team".[/quote]

Proving there will always be players.

They won't necessarily be players people will pay to see in any great numbers.

But there will be guys like Wello who insist they don't have to give up their adolescence.

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:00 am

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Proving there will always be players.

They won't necessarily be players people will pay to see in any great numbers.

But there will be guys like Wello who insist they don't have to give up their adolescence.[/quote]

Both their Twitter and Facebook pages have dudes sadly asking about if their draft status from 18 months ago still means they're rights are to that team. It's pathetic.

And Wello...Whomever JCastroFLA on Twitter is and trolls both Wello and Brandi. You are entertaining.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Sad people. Sad players. Sad fanboys.

These people who are obsessed with the idea of non-NFL football and the guys who should be working at Home Depot who are convinced they can be professional football players....just sad.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:36 pm

While I agree the MLFB is a dead organization, that appears now will be used as a bate and switch money game if any can be obtained, by bogus announcement's hoping to move the stock by speculating.

While I won't give the guy's still hoping beyond hope for an opportunity a hard time, I will simply ask of them to take a close look at your skill set, can you really run a professional level 10 20 or 40 dash time.

The one problem with the league's is they don't offer a real testing feature that would clearly indicate to those who may think they have professional talent undiscovered. They may be able to participate in semi pro weekend games, they don't have the next level skills, you see this same thing in the indoor game.

I'm not going to go as far as Sam and call them sad, I will simply ask that they be real about the talent they do have. Have the dream but know the limitation of that thought also.
Last edited by suge night on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:20 am

[quote=""suge night""]They may be able to participate in semi pro weekend games, they don't have the next level skills, you see this same thing in the indoor game.

I'm not going to go as far as Sam and call them sad, I will simply ask that they be real about the talent they do have. Have the dream but know the limitation of that thought also.[/quote]

Our town used to have one of those semi-pro teams. (And semi-pro means they are post-college players using full pro rules. They pay dues and have to provide their own equipment and cover anything the sponsors can't). The team left for another area town because they were getting charged $500 rent to use the stadium and that was pretty hard on the budget.
I've got nothing against those guys. They are doing it because they still love the game and haven't completely broken their bodies yet. Outside of the kicking game (nobody in the league seemed to have a kicker or punter), it was passable football.
And their reward is a week or two call-up to the local indoor team when that team needs a mid-season replacement for an injured player. They once even "disguised" themselves as a pro indoor team to fill in for an opponent that folded. It didn't go well.
But there also was honesty. Nobody had any delusions of being the next Kurt Warner, coming from nowhere to become the next NFL star.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:31 am

If you play for the love of the game, then it doesn't really matter what level you play at, does it? I get playing for the love of the game.

It's the guys who ( a ) weren't the best players on their high school teams, ( b ) didn't play at Division I football schools (or were on the team but did not star), ( c ) were not drafted, ( d ) have not been signed in the days immediately following the draft and ( d ) are approaching their mid-20s without any identifiable resume or apparent pro-level skill set who insist they can be NFL players who are sad.

I used to referee basketball. The worst games to ref were men's league games because many of those guys were sure that if a scout happened to stop into the gym to use the restroom or something, they would see them dropping 30 points a game on the stiffs who would smoke at halftime and they'd surely get a 10-day NBA contract at least. So they would ***** about every call and trash talk like the defender was Scottie Pippen or something.

At some point, you gotta say, "I was a long shot to start with. I'm a no-shot now."

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:29 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]and trash talk like the defender was Scottie Pippen or something.[/quote]

Not many could out trash talk Scottie Pippen — maybe Jordan or Rodman.

Return to “Outdoor Football”