Effective
Immediately

For More Information, contact: “Moose” Lewis, Managing Member
Women’s Global Basketball Alliance, LLC
@ 404/ 808-9268
or fax 775/ 458-8685
email teams@WGBAhoops.com
Website http://www.WGBAhoops.com

The Women’s Global Basketball Alliance Seeks Players!!

(Atlanta, Georgia) (May 06, 200 8) - The Women’s Global Basketball Alliance, LLC, proudly announces that its inaugural regular season begins June 13, 2008 and will conclude on August 25, 2008. Teams are located in the southeastern and northeastern United States. Players interested in participating this year should contact the WGBA immediately. Tryouts for talent will begin in May 24, 2008 beginning in Atlanta, Georgia. Pre-registration begins immediately

States Mr. Lewis, “After numerous inquiries about the GBA beginning a female developmental basketball league, we now feel that the time is right to begin play. We are in the final stages of negotiations to “co-brand” as well as “co-market” our league teams with those in an existing league. I anticipate a formal arrangement being finalized this week that will allow players in the WGBA to be seen live in front of literally thousands of basketball fans as well as scouts from around the world. This will be without a doubt the biggest breakthrough in women’s minor league basketball in history.”

“In addition, all games will be available on the internet through Mizlou Sports and News Network for viewing around the world-and don’t forget, the WGBA will be using its own branded basketball by Baden and the red and white “moneyball” will be a staple as fans love the excitement it brings in the last two (2) minutes of each game.”

Prospective players and team owners wishing to be involved with the WGBA are urged to contact us immediately.

For more information on the “WGBA”, please contact the home office.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon May 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Ugh...the names:

Harlem (NYC) Harlots-throws up

New Jersey Nasty-throws up a bit more

Pennsylvania Powder Pugs-there goes last night's dinner

Marietta (GA) Minx-and yesterday's lunch

Charlotte Shame-and yesterday morning's breakfast too

B'ham Ball-n-Jamm-and the dinner for the night before that

Hilton Head-Savannah Syrens-can somebody get me to the hospital please?

With names like that, I actually think bikini uniforms might be suited for this league...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Moose Lewis
Site Admin

Post by Moose Lewis » Mon May 05, 2008 8:04 pm

well, when you go to the hospital, i will send you some poison ivy=we already have requests for merchandise for some of these teams. i sent out the sample logos to the people requesting and they wish to purchase tee shirts and some hats and a couple of female tank tops=so something must be working out right. oh by the way, we will be having shorter shorts than the wnba -at least midway between the knee and waist-but thanks for the worthless input- :)

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon May 05, 2008 8:07 pm

[quote=""Moose Lewis""]well, when you go to the hospital, i will send you some poison ivy=we already have requests for merchandise for some of these teams. i sent out the sample logos to the people requesting and they wish to purchase tee shirts and some hats and a couple of female tank tops=so something must be working out right. oh by the way, we will be having shorter shorts than the wnba -at least midway between the knee and waist-but thanks for the worthless input- :) [/quote]
My input is that these are terrible names! You'll have the NOW on you so fast it'll make your head spin if you don't change them!

But, if you say my input is worthless, there's nothing I can do to stop you (But you could tell me where the merchandise is sold)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Mon May 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Thread should have a new title:

"And now, the nominees for the Jim Terry Award for most outrageous team nickname..."

"And the nominees are...."

"And the winner is....Harlem Harlots"
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Return to “Women's Basketball”