WGBA-Someone Screwed Us Regarding Bogus Post

Moose Lewis
Site Admin

WGBA-Someone Screwed Us Regarding Bogus Post

Post by Moose Lewis » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:43 pm

I do not know who or what happened BUT we do NOT have plans for females in bikinis playing basketball!! The WGBA is a legit league and we have no plans for something this silly! We have huge news coming forth in the WGBA and I think it is terrible for someone to release nonsense like this. PLEASE -all players interested in playing with us this year for MAXIMUM exposure, please contact us regarding tryouts! You may call me directly 404-808-9268

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Moose -- This post was done with your screen name.
//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/showpost.php?p=91082&postcount=1
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Moose Lewis
Member Join Date: Dec 2007

Girls Basketball Alliance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESS RELEASE
Effective
Immediately

For More Information, contact: “Moose” Lewis, Managing Member
Girls Basketball Alliance, LLC
@ 404/ 808-9268
or fax 775/ 458-8685
email teams@GlobalHoops.com

The Girls Basketball Alliance is Born!!

(Atlanta, Georgia) (April 23, 200- “Moose” Lewis, Managing Member of the Girls Basketball Alliance, LLC, proudly announces the birth of the groundbreaking league, “the GBA” and its “moneyball” to begin play in July 2008. Tryouts for talent will begin in May 2008 beginning in New York City, New York and Atlanta, Georgia and continuing in seven (7) additional cities across the United States. Pre-registration begins immediately

States Mr. Lewis, “After being involved in minor league basketball off and on the last few years, I finally accepted that conventional non-major professional basketball is truly dead. The public wants gimmicks, the public wants sex, and the public wants action. In my opinion, you cannot make money in traditional basketball except overseas and in the NBA. Therefore, I have resigned from the Global Basketball Alliance, LLC effectively immediately to concentrate on my business of professional boxing and the new “Girls Basketball Alliance”, an all female league featuring attractive and talented basketball players who will play a sixteen (16) game season beginning in July 2008. Instead of the standard female basketball uniforms, the players on each team will be wearing matching bikinis and sneakers with their uniform numbers painted on their bodies. Conventional basketball rules will be used. There will be a contest prior to each game to choose “towel boys” for each team. “Uniforms” for all players will be available to fans after each game via a silent auction. This will set basketball on its carcass and sell out venues that have not been packed for years. All one has to do is look at the popularity of wrestling divas, female roller derby, and restaurants selling wings with scantily clad waitresses to know what the public wants.”

Teams will be licensed to qualified local individuals with all games being broadcast on a subscription sports network. The official website for the league will be launched on May 1, 2008.

Persons wishing to be involved with the GBA on a corporate level or license a team are urged to contact us immediately.

For more information on the new “GBA”, please contact the home office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Moose Lewis : 04-23-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: misspelling
Are you giving out your password to other people???? I would hope you are
a little more careful in the future...

By the way -- Posts can be edited. Why didn't you change this one, aside
from the misspelling, and instead start another (useless) thread...Is this just
another publicity stunt?
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Moose Lewis
Site Admin

Post by Moose Lewis » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:48 am

I do not know how it happened-I only wanted it retracted. I ask that you please edit your post to remove the bogus press release as a courtesy to me as I wish no reference of this to be on the board. If you do, I will have the moderator remove this thread. We have some huge legit news coming this way next week and wish no crap out here on the internet.
Thank you. By the way, I did inform someone on this board of the upcoming news=and it is the best thing to happen to the GBA or WGBA EVER!

The Magician
Site Admin

Credibility Notice ...

Post by The Magician » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey Moose,

Somebody needs to check those WGBA e-mails.

That ABA stuff needs to be taken off the women's site asap ...

Your credibility will suffer if you don't!

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:53 pm

While it may have been a more carnival sideshow league than you intend, the one thing that idea would have done is brought the GBA more mainstream media attention than it will in its original state. Plus, the crowds might be a lot more rowdy than a typical women's basketball game, but they will also be bigger too. My point is its not as ridiculous an idea as it appears on the surface.

In fact, I the typical guy in me wanted to see this league in person. I was willing to make a trip to a league city to watch this. Just remember the Lingerie Bowl brought in a big audience and an infinite number more than legit women's football leagues get.

Return to “Women's Basketball”