My relationship with the TRBL is over

LightningMan
Site Admin

My relationship with the TRBL is over

Post by LightningMan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:20 am

Now I, James Taylor, am back to being a regular guy.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:35 am

Welcome back, bud! LOL I'd like to be a regular guy again soon too. Or...at least a guy who doesn't have anything to do for a few hours.
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Is the TRBL even planning on having a basketball season? Last thing I see posted on their site was from last season.

I thought when they partnered with the PBL it would league to good things but I guess that deal is not in place anymore?

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:50 pm

[quote=""Minor League Mania""]Is the TRBL even planning on having a basketball season? Last thing I see posted on their site was from last season.

I thought when they partnered with the PBL it would league to good things but I guess that deal is not in place anymore?[/quote]
I'm not a part of the league anymore, so I don't know anything officially anymore, but last I knew they did plan to play this year. As to PBL affiliation, your guess is as good as mine, possibly better.

As to their website, that was one of the things I was doing (along with another person) and neither of us are there anymore, so...

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:04 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]As to their website, that was one of the things I was doing (along with another person) and neither of us are there anymore, so...[/quote]

I guess that explains why the website has not been updated lol. I did see that a couple teams from last year are now playing in other leagues are off the list of current teams.

I thought the league had some solid promise a couple years ago especially after the affiliation with the PBL. Just never happened though..... Best wishes on the future James.

Dan K
Site Admin

Post by Dan K » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:45 pm

I could not find a link to the standings/schedule on the new web site version. The "Teams" link lists four teams: the High Point (NC) Heat, Bull City Legacy (Durham, NC), Cary (NC) Invasion and new Atlanta's Dynamite All Stars. I looked at individual facebook pages for their schedules and it appears they are playing games and from some of the posted schedules it looked like the Greensboro (NC) Cobras and All-American Ballers (Fayetteville, NC) are part of the 2016-17 TRBL. Some other teams from last season like the Charlotte Elite and HoopsForLyfe appear to be playing independent schedules.

PrimeTimeplayers1991
Site Admin

Currently

Post by PrimeTimeplayers1991 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:08 pm

The TRBL is no longer ran by Mark Janas and is now being operated by Cornell Holland with the High Point Heat. The All Americans are already playing games and Greensboro Cobras are scheduled to begin in March. Both Elite and Hoopforlyfe have left the league with Elite still staying active in tourneys and the local City Curcuit Leagues and Hoopforlyfe are currently running there own league.
http://hoopforlyfe.com/index.html

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:40 pm

[quote=""PrimeTimeplayers1991""]The TRBL is no longer ran by Mark Janas and is now being operated by Cornell Holland with the High Point Heat. The All Americans are already playing games and Greensboro Cobras are scheduled to begin in March. Both Elite and Hoopforlyfe have left the league with Elite still staying active in tourneys and the local City Curcuit Leagues and Hoopforlyfe are currently running there own league.
http://hoopforlyfe.com/index.html[/quote]

From their web site"
"If you ever had a dream to play pro style basketball or a, league that will push your team to win, each time you step onto the court.This is the league for your team. H.F.L.B.L. All the teams in this league would have players who played overseas and higher. You better bring your A game each and ever time you step onto the court."
Other highlights:
"LEAGUE COST
Gym Location: Lake Norman Charter
$450.00 for early registration Before Nov 9th
$500.00 after Nov 9th.
FREE AGENT: $65.00"

"This league will be played by pro style rules. Four 12 min quarters (Running Clock). The clock keep running until the last 2 min in the 4th quarter." Almost identical to Columbus, Ohio, rec league rules except they played NCAA rules and 20 min. halves with no one-and-bonus shooting until the last two minutes.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:16 pm

What a cool ten year ride.

Return to “Men's Basketball”