Neba expansion continues with detroit franchise

dmbishop
Site Admin

Neba expansion continues with detroit franchise

Post by dmbishop » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:08 am

The Detroit Coast 2 Coast All Stars are joining the New Era Basketball Association, NEBA President Kevin Williams announced on Tuesday.

By placing a franchise in Detroit, NEBA has made good on its promise to expand into the upper Midwest.

“I feel like Detroit is a great basketball market and I am excited to bring the Movement to the Motor City,” Kevin Williams said. “There are a lot of great colleges and passionate fans in the area. I know NEBA will be a success in Michigan.”

Detroit is the latest in a string of franchises joining the NEBA Movement. It is the third announced franchise expansion in the past week alone, with more still to come.

The Coast 2 Coast All Stars are owned by Howard Hayes, a former standout prep basketball player in Detroit. Hayes won 3 state championships at Cooley High in Detroit before embarking on a professional basketball career that took him all over the world.

The Coast 2 Coast All Stars will begin play in November at the start of the upcoming 2016 NEBA Spring season.

The mission of the NEBA League is to teach, develop, and expose basketball players to the NBA, NBDL, and International Scouts, while providing the community an exciting brand of basketball. New Era, EA Sports, BOP TV, 20/20 Apparel, Hoop Culture, and Ball 4 Life have all been named official sponsors for the NEBA League. A Partnership with 20/20 apparel will make the NEBA League the only minor league basketball association that will have players with their own shoes. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.

Dave

Return to “Men's Basketball”