Just change the score when it suits you

kahunakats
Site Admin

CBL Ownership

Post by kahunakats » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Please be advised of the following message. Effective immediately (3/30/2014) the Central Basketball League no longer is associated/owned/managed by/with Coach Benjamin Mireles or anyone in the state of Florida or Louisiana. From this date on, the ownership of the league reverts back to Arizona and any use of the name, trademark, logo or any entity associated with the league without the permission of the ownership of the league is prohibited and WILL result in legal action against you. Thank you.

Central Basketball League, LLC
PO Box 6421
Peoria, Arizona, 85381

March 31, 2014

Benjamin Mireles and all Members of the Florida-based "CBL"
Orlando, Florida

Re: Central Basketball League

Dear Benjamin Mireles and all Members of the Florida-based "CBL":

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my registered work entitled Central Basketball League, LLC (the "Work"). I have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first published in 2012 in the Sun City (AZ) Daily Sun News, and I have preserved my rights to the incorporation of the Work.

Your work entitled Central Basketball League contains and is republishing original content from Central Basketball League, LLC to include both name and logo.

Since no sale agreement was executed and no payment received, the original owner of the corporation is exercising his right to control the name, logo and rights to the corporate entity.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies of it, including electronic copies of same, and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future.

If you do not immediately remove the infringing material from Central Basketball League, and notify me in writing that you have done so, I will consider taking further action against you. I require the infringing material to be removed, and written notice given that such material has been removed, by no later than one week from the date of this letter.
Please give this very important matter the utmost attention.

IN THE EVENT OF LEGAL ACTION, ALL MEMBER TEAMS WILL BE NAMED IN COURT PAPERWORK AND LISTED AS PARTIES TO THE LAWSUIT.

Sincerely,
Central Basketball League, LLC

Per: John Guy
Cc: Davis Miles McGuire Gardner PLLC

File Number: L-1778855-1

Domestic Address
Corp. Name: CENTRAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE LLC11028 N 81ST DRIVE
PEORIA, AZ 85345
Second Corp. Address
%JULIA GREENBERG-AGUILAR
40 EXCHANGE PLACE STE 1301
NEW YORK, NY 10005
Statutory Agent Information
Agent Name: EARL GUY
Agent Mailing/Physical Address:
11028 N 81ST DRIVE
PEORIA, AZ 85345
Agent Status: APPOINTED 07/30/2012
Agent Last Updated: 11/14/2012
Additional Corporate Information
Corporation Type: DOMESTIC L.L.C.
Incorporation Date: 07/30/2012 Corporate Life Period: PERPETUAL
Domicile: ARIZONA County: MARICOPA
Approval Date: 08/01/2012 Original Publish Date: 10/05/2012
Manager/Member Information
EARL GUY
11028 N 81ST DRIVE
PEORIA,AZ 85345
Date of Taking Office: 07/30/2012
Last Updated: 08/01/2012

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Holy crap! It just doesn't get any worse.

Here is the website link if you are interested:
http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=L17788551&type=L.L.C.

Dave

CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:38 am

Wow!!! I guess Ben is going to learn that karma is a *****. He has trashed John at every opportunity. I would think that if some of his team owners were on the fence about staying in the league this would help push them over the edge. I'd be interested to know if this letter was sent to all of the team owners as well as the league sponsors. Wbad.net has the CBL logo on their website right now. I'm sure the cost to buy the rights would be more than Ben and crew could afford. At the same time John HAS to enforce this if he still holds the LLC. Anything the CBL does to not pay a player or vendor could be brought back on John.

Good play.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Website changes at http://www.centralbasketballleague.com/

Looks like the old site was taken down and a quickly done WordPress template thrown up in it's place. Still using Central Basketball League though.

Oh and the "STANDING PAGE"[sic] only lists 4 Florida teams; some with different places and names (although the main page has the complete list).

I hope they realize that if they are attempting to remove evidence that there are archives readily available.

Dave

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:54 pm

http://www.centralbasketballleague.com/ ... re-season/
The Central Basketball League is proud to announce changes that will define this league as a professional minor league from others and would like to build an image of security and professionalism for athletes across the world. The CBL would like to announce that it is changing its logo and adding the word “Developmental” to the name it currently has. The League will be called the Central Basketball Developmental League (CBDL)...
There is more in the press release, but here is their nifty new logo on their Facebook page. (I swear I did not touch it, this is exactly how it appears)

Dave

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:51 pm

I wish this was surprising...

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Here is a "better" copy of just the logo. Note the different color blue where they erased whatever was originally on this one.

Dave
Last edited by dmbishop on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 pm

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 pm

... and spoke to the creator of the logo. He will be contacting Mireles shortly.

After all, from the Facebook page:
Feel free to contact the CEO Benjamin Mireles. This is an owner who takes pride in what he has and will ALWAYS answer calls to anyone wanting to speak to him. If you have any questions or concerns, you may call him directly at 727-645-9796.
Dave

CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:55 pm

That is too funny . . . and sad.

While I'm here, I might as well pile on . . . :D

Earlier this week, he posted here: http://www.usbasket.com/CBL/basketball.asp?NewsID=357226

That the Southwest Florida (really Central Florida) Spartans are playing the Panama City Dream in the CBL's opening game on April 5th.

Today on Facebook he posted this:
SPARTANS WANT YOUR SUPPORT THIS WEEKEND.......I-4 Rivalry begins when the Spartans host the Pelicans April 5, 2014.
So . . . 2 things. First, it looks like Dream aren't making the drive down to Orlando. Its hard to keep track of the stability of this league as they haven't posted a schedule. Second, how is this an I-4 rivalry? I-4 isn't anywhere near West Palm Beach where the Pelicans call home.

:rolleyes:
Last edited by CBM on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forgot the word "isn't"

Return to “Men's Basketball”