League list

Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

Post by Cleveland Fan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm

[quote=""turbocamyes""]Not sure about the one mentioned by Jeff. Dayton was last in the CBL but played only two games. There is a Texas league I came across over the weekend and will post the link tonight. It is the home league of the Dallas Diesel & Denton Destroyers.[/quote]

Thanks for the information!

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:19 pm

I think the Denton Destroyers were/are an ABA team that plays teams from the UBL and other leagues in Texas.......................... North Texas Fresh (Jay Bowdy coach, Jay Bowdy owner, Jay Bowdy star player, Jay Bowdy GM, Jay Bowdy half time entertainment, Jay Bowdy all round great guy) also does that.

In addition to the Philadelphia Experiments, the Utica Wreckers and Beijing Chinese Firedrill were also part of that other league.

Rick Astley was the commish, someone must have a link
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:40 pm

I don't think the CBL is around anymore. Ever since the new guy took over, thier website and promotions have all come down.

Yet another dead league.

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:46 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]I think the Denton Destroyers were/are an ABA team that plays teams from the UBL and other leagues in Texas[/quote]

Denton was mentioned on the ABA site, then not. They appeared on some schedules, then not. When I looked at the FB page of either the Diesel or Destroyers (I can't remember which at this point) to find a score for the Mavericks Tournament it referenced a Texas league, I believe the TBA. That page listed current teams with at least one game played. Denton was on that list. I will track down the info tonight--no FB at work.

[quote=""Paul S""]North Texas Fresh (Jay Bowdy coach, Jay Bowdy owner, Jay Bowdy star player, Jay Bowdy GM, Jay Bowdy half time entertainment, Jay Bowdy all round great guy) also does that.[/quote]

Jay was playing overseas in the Middle East this past fall. I contacted him last year during the UBA season to straighten out some discrepancies with the league. I'm aware of the issues with his stats a few years back, infact I posted comparisions at the time. However, he has moved up in the world and is playing overseas and that's the goal with minor league basketball, isn't it?

Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

Post by Cleveland Fan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:47 pm

[quote=""CBM""]I don't think the CBL is around anymore. Ever since the new guy took over, thier website and promotions have all come down.

Yet another dead league.[/quote]

Central or Continental League?

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:51 pm

[quote=""CBM""]I don't think the CBL is around anymore. Ever since the new guy took over, thier website and promotions have all come down.

Yet another dead league.[/quote]

It appears to be active, check the FB page. They're moving the website to another host.

From the end of their press release:

nextlevelelite2013@yahoo.com or you may give us a call at 727-645-9796.

A; 30 games - 6 month league (5 games per month - begins APRIL 2014) = This allows for a more consistent and respectable looks at the players and teams
B: Spaulding Basketballs will be used during game days at each venue
C: Each game will be filmed and advertised on the league website, team website and TEAM Mobile app (League will provide the app for you)
D: Commercials for the league involving each team throughout the year 8 different channels (one station) (ex:CBS)
E: Each team WILL have a TEAM radio show from their website and game sites (We can show them how to get their own at NO COST)
F: Each team will be required to attend one or two tryouts for an opposing team to offer opportunity for players to be seen by more than one team.
G: League Meeting will be required twice a month
H: Schedule will be completed by the LEAGUE not the teams. (Once the schedule is completed there shall be NO Re-schedules unless weather permits)
I: ALL GAMES WILL BE PLAYED
J: 12 minute quarters, 6 timeouts per quarter, 24 second shot clock
K: League Referees
L: NBA RULES will apply during the season
and more......

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:55 pm

[quote=""Cleveland Fan""]Central or Continental League?[/quote]

I'm sorry, I assumed CBM was refering to Central. The Continental is still out there, too. Search under Raleigh Rough Riders on google.

CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

I was talking about the Central Basketball League. I have HUGE doubts they will even make it till the season. Haveing more than half of thier teams leave to create thier own league it only left them with 2 or 3 teams. Two of those teams are weak at best and with a team in Orlando like the Florida Flight that has a strong 5 year history of games, players, and community involvment I don't see the other 2 teams getting any kind of quality players or any kind of sponsors.

Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

Post by Cleveland Fan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

here's the link:

http://www.tbahoops.com/

Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

Post by Cleveland Fan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:07 pm

[quote=""turbocamyes""]I'm sorry, I assumed CBM was refering to Central. The Continental is still out there, too. Search under Raleigh Rough Riders on google.[/quote]

Their facebook seems to be talking a lot about the Central Basketball League as of recently.

https://www.facebook.com/RaleighRoughRiders

Return to “Men's Basketball”