The Official Tally Begins...

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

The Official Tally Begins...

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:31 pm

Off of the OSC schedule for the ABA:

Sat., November 5 Kentucky at Detroit Ppd.

And now, on ABAlive, all games with BOTH of these teams have been removed from the master schedule. Since the ABA numbers each of their games invidivually, it is much easier to see the deletions - they didn't re-number after the fact. For November:
9 2005-11-05 SAT Buffalo @ Rochester Rochester, NY 7:35 PM
11 2005-11-06 SUN Lake Erie @ Indiana Anderson, IN 5:00 PM
12 2005-11-08 TUE Montreal @ Northeast Pennsylvania Scranton, PA 7:00 PM
13 2005-11-09 WED Lake Erie @ Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA 7:00 PM
14 2005-11-10 THU Nashville @ Baltimore Baltimore, MD 7:00 PM
15 2005-11-10 THU New Mexico @ Texas Ft Worth, TX 7:00 PM
16 2005-11-11 FRI Richmond @ Baltimore Baltimore, MD 7:00 PM
17 2005-11-11 FRI Indiana @ Detroit Dearborn, MI 7:00 PM
18 2005-11-11 FRI Gallup @ Kansas City Overland Park, KS 7:00 PM
19 2005-11-11 FRI Ohio @ Lake Erie Lake Erie, OH 7:00 PM
21 2005-11-11 FRI SoCal @ Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA 7:00 PM

Games 10 (KY @ Det) and 20 (Ind @ Det) have now disappeared.

Indiana has had two opponents (11/11 @ Detroit, 11/13 vs. Kentucky) vanish already, and the season is what 4 days old?

It's a bus wreck, and Joe is driving for Greyhound... :lol:
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:11 am

So who's dead so far?
Kentucky
Detroit
Who am I missing?

I just saw something on Niagara (St. Catherines Ont.). They drew 200 in their opener.

barkley34
Site Admin

Post by barkley34 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:19 am

How can you blame Joe (and I am about as big a fan of him as I am Sam Hill's worthless drivel)? Seriously? The games are being cancelled for a reason, the owners have NO MONEY! Everyone wants to be "George Steinbrenner", but they haven't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. Yes, Joe should have done his home work, but who in God's name is so f******k broke where they can't even start the season? These owners should NEVER, EVER, EVER be allowed to run a business ever again...unless it is AMWAY!

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:44 pm

As the face and voice - and CEO - of the league, the blame falls in Joe's lap.

As the person who oversaw the due diligence and confirmed that all the teams met at least the absolute minimums - as created by Joe and Ricardo, among others - to ensure that teams did NOT drop out during the season, the blame falls in Joe's lap.

As the person whose constant spin, contradiction of announced ABA policies and intitiatives, and arrogance toward differing opinions (including calling multiple newspaper reports 'inaccurate' or lies) belied the fact that many of the problems that were 'addressed' were simply ignored to the tune of $10K-$20 per mistake, the blame falls in his lap.

For his repeated faliures of ensuring that those groups he brings in actually have the resources available to manage a franchise - by conducting siple due diligence and financial background checks - the blame falls in his lap.
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

barkley34
Site Admin

Post by barkley34 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:49 pm

I guess it was the blind leading the blind, or just a bunch of crooks (Joe and the owners) wanting to act like their NBA brethren only the don't have the money, the expertise, the contacts, the integrity, the credibility, the financial acumen, the backing, the community, the arena, the fan base, the TV contract, the merchandise, the sponsors.........etc., etc., etc...the only people that get screwed are the season ticket holders and sponsors (unfortuntetaly it is the small business person with tight ad budget). These slick bastards should be shot!
"Idiocy is not all that bad, I am a bastard child of Joe Newman and I turned out OK" Sam "OSC Legend" Hill

meyes
Site Admin

Post by meyes » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:54 pm

barkley42,
I suspect you were being sarcastic in your remark about AMWAY, but you are actually right. Those who have learned and sucessfully used the business models and systems that companies such as AMWAY and others have in place, would not only have the money to start and run sports franchises, but they would also have the business knowledge to operate profitably.

patmc16
Site Admin

Post by patmc16 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:08 pm

barkley34 wrote:the only people that get screwed are the season ticket holders and sponsors.
Then I guess Detroit is free and clear, since they had neither.

Really, the ones that get screwed the most are any players that expected to play for the team (there are none that I am aware of). Second is the casual fan, like myself.

I truely wish the ABA wasn't a joke. I also wish Detroit could have a good franchise run by people who have a clue (like some of the ABA franchises) despite the fact that the league and its front office is a joke.
Former Motor City Mechanics & Macomb County Mustangs season ticket holder.

"I like you. When the world is mine your death shall be quick and painless."
- Stewie Griffin

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:25 pm

nksports wrote:So who's dead so far?
Kentucky
Detroit
Who am I missing?

I just saw something on Niagara (St. Catherines Ont.). They drew 200 in their opener.
Add Mississippi to the death watch list

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:58 pm

And St. Louis, if reports are correct, pulled out last week...

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:24 am

And Hawaii has not yet signed for a venue...

And Boston is playing "at area high schools"

And so on, and so on..

But, on the bright side, we can all buy a shirt/hat/beef jerky to show support for our troops...

Return to “Men's Basketball”