ACPBL-Atlantic Coast Professional Basketball League

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

ACPBL-Atlantic Coast Professional Basketball League

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:43 am

The Buffalo Stampede have joined this league in my opinion. My proof look at the Buffalo Stampede PBL website there having a tryout August 14 and they list Buffalo Stampede Atlantic Coast Professional Basketball League (ACPBL) so I take that is the new league the Buffalo Stampede have joined in my opinion.

I put this is a new sub catagory until oursportscentral decides if they want to give this new league a board or not that is there deccission I hope preeths doesn't mind I put the news here for now. The Buffalo Stampede don't belong on the PBL board anymore so I put them here. I hope it is ok for everyone.

As all of you know the I am a Buffalo Stampede fan that has been critical of the Buffalo Stampede organization in the PBL because I feel the Buffalo Stampede didn't belong in that level of league with the spending the PBL reacquired in my opinion.

I am happy as a Buffalo Stampede fan we are in a lower league ACPBL in my opinion and still playing for the fans of Buffalo that enjoyed this pro basketball club. Why because now the Buffalo Stampede can properly compete which is what it is all about in my opinion.

I don't think the Buffalo crowds will be less because of the switch in leagues in my opinion. Because understand Buffalo it is about having a winning team and in the ACPBL I think the Buffalo Stampede can have a winning team in my opinion. The Buffalo Stampede ACPBL has a chance at one of the 4 ACPBL Playoff spots which in the PBL that wasn't going to be the case in my opinion because of the Buffalo Stampede basketball teams limited funds for the PBL.

As a Buffalo Stampede fan I happy they are going this route because I think things will be better for the Buffalo Stampede in the results win loss catagory. As for the ACPBL as a league who knows we will see? My main concern is the Buffalo Stampede being able to compete which in my opinion now they can. That was always my concern as a Buffalo Stampede fan I didn't like losing 20 plus points on a almost nightly game day basis.

I also want to leave minor league basketball fans and Buffalo pro basketball fans with this nugget. When the Buffalo Stampede ACPBL take the floor in december. It will mark the Buffalo Stampede third season in Buffalo. That is a big deal in my opinon only the Buffalo Braves NBA at eight season in Buffalo lasted longer for professional basketball in Buffalo. The key for the Buffalo Stampede ACPBL in my opinion as a Buffalonian is winning and stablity.

Look at the Buffalo Flash of the USL-Women's League they won the USL Championship last week. Very few in Buffalo knew the Buffalo Flash existed now they know after the won the championship they got coverage. The Buffalo Stampede ACPBL something PBL fans should try to understand is in Buffalo you need to win to make a dent in the Buffalo crowded sports market in my opinion.

We all know about the Buffalo Stampede PBL problems to live in the past does no one any good in my opinion. I hope this is a move that will help the Buffalo Stampede ACPBL. We will have to see on that one but the slate is clean with me as a Buffalo pro basketball fan. Also if it is a disaster I will be the first to post on it here. You guys know me I have my eyes wide open when it comes to the Buffalo Stampede as a fan. I wish the Buffalo Stampede ACPBL well in there new league and I will check it out in the fall. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:42 am

here is the league website:

http://www.acpbl.com/

5 teams listed so far, but not Buffalo - including the New Hope Trailblazers who played a few games in the ABA last year.

Weekend-only schedule, and a lot of links that don't work. Not too promising...
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:31 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]...including the New Hope Trailblazers who played a few games in the ABA last year.
[/quote]

From what I can tell, the Trailblazers should be OK in the ACPBL. The high school they play in isn't on top of a hill, after all... :)

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm

For the record, the Long Island Lions home court IS at the top a hill!

Dave

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:56 am

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]here is the league website:

http://www.acpbl.com/

5 teams listed so far, but not Buffalo - including the New Hope Trailblazers who played a few games in the ABA last year.

Weekend-only schedule, and a lot of links that don't work. Not too promising...[/quote]

I agree the ACPBL website only certain links work that concerned me too. Also some of the potential teams looked worse off than the Buffalo Stampede in my opinion which is scary too. Again ABARedWhiteBlue I have no inside knowledge because I don't work for the Buffalo Stampede. I am only going on what I saw on the Buffalo Stampede PBL website with a tryout coming up and the team mentions the ACPBL.

My friend told me there was three choices like I said in previous posts. The ACPBL, another league my friend couldn't remember I wish he did or fold competely was also a option. I only going by what my friend told me which isn't much to go on for us Buffalo Stampede fans.

The ACPBL I think is the Buffalo Stampede's choice because if it wasn't why mention that was the league in the tryout announcement on there own website? I am also wondering if the delay joining the ACPBL in my opinion maybe the Buffalo Stampede are waiting to see if certain things happen with the ACPBL development wise with other teams joining before they legally join themselves who knows?

Again just my opinion but I also wouldn't rule out the Buffalo Stampede folding either as a option for some kind of tax purposes or something for the owner again just reaching. Again only my opinion and I am treading water because team ownership isn't anything I know anything about I will be the first to say I have no knowledge on the subject when it comes to stuff like that.

I am only a Buffalo Stampede fan on a sub ACPBL board trying to come up with any possiblity I can think of that might be going on with the Buffalo Stampede with no inside knowledge of the situation. Basically bottom line who knows? All of this should be filed as rumor and the poster me my opinion with no inside knowledge or links so I know nothing more than anyone else at the end of the day. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:22 pm

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:26 am

[quote=""MJHankel""]It's official:

http://www.acpbl.com/latest-news/32-buffalo-stampede-join-atlantic-coast-professional-basketball-league.html[/quote]

Hey BSF - here is your giant red flag from the article:
stated ACPBL commissioner James Schutz
The original CornDog owner with a history of, um, "unique" behavior, going back to his ABA days...
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]Hey BSF - here is your giant red flag from the article:

The original CornDog owner with a history of, um, "unique" behavior, going back to his ABA days...[/quote]

Who ever wrote that ACPBL post had my nugget about the Buffalo Stampede being the longest professional team in Buffalo since the Buffalo Braves NBA anyone notice that?

Also I like that we have another Buffalo Stampede owner Richard Anselmo to share the Buffalo Stampede basketball expenses that is a good sign as a Buffalo Stampede fan. I also like the Buffalo Stampede talked about winning a championship I have said in previous post this is very important. You want to tape into the Buffalo sports market winning a championship in the ACPBL does that in my opinion.

Also that the Buffalo Stampede are leaving Canisius College the city of Buffalo for Daemen College. Daemen College is in Amherst a Buffalo suburb. I have not felt this excited about the Buffalo Stampede in two years very excited about the season coming up.

Understand this has nothing to do with the PBL or weather I like the ACPBL. I am just saying some of the moves the Buffalo Stampede are making are smart in my opinion to sure things up. The Buffalo Stampede brought in another owner that I wanted to see.

Amherst is one of Buffalo bigger suburbs at over 116,000 people. I am speaking as a Buffalo Stampede fan not the ACPBL or the other teams but but just from a Buffalo Stampede fans prospective I really like what the team is doing so far.

ABARedWhiteBlue I understand where your coming from a league prospective the ACPBL is dicey in my opinion? But at the end of the day if the Buffalo Stampede can use this league as a stepping stone to build a foundation to build on for the future this league could be really good for the Buffalo Stampede for there development.

Even if the ACPBL only last a year if the Buffalo Stampede win the championship and are a flagship model ACPBL franchise that is the key in my opinion what the Buffalo Stampede does. Because if we are successful and are able to build a bigger fan base at the end of the day we will be better off for another league in the future in my opinion. In minor league basketball nothing is forever who know what the future will bring. I will stand by what I posted before long term for the good of minor league basketball in the state of New York anyway it would benefit everyone if Albany, Buffalo and Rochester are in the same minor basketball league down the road. I really believe that is what is best in the future in my opinion for Albany, Buffalo and Rochester to save on travel cost.

Let's be very honest here ABARedWhiteBlue the Buffalo Stampede weren't ready for the PBL in my opinion as a Buffalo Stampede fan. To me as a Buffalo Stampede fan we need to build a minor league basketball base in Buffalo first. We Buffalo just weren't ready in my opinion for the PBL. Even if everything was perfect and the Buffalo Stampede had the money to spend it would have still been money going out the door wasted in my opinion.

Because Buffalo needs in my opinion to build a core minor league basketball audience in Buffalo first. I think the Amherst move if the Buffalo Stampede can get it done at Daemen College is a smart move in my opinion for now. If I am the Buffalo Stampede basketball franchise you want to fill the gym every game and create a buzz in Buffalo. Then down the road the Buffalo Stampede can look a Alumni Arena at UB in Amherst when they have built up a fan base at Daemen College and need the extra seats. But first the Buffalo Stampede has to fill Daemen College gym first before there ready for Alumni Arena in my opinion. Looking forward to the Buffalo Stampede ACPBL basketball season. Let's Go Buffalo
Last edited by Buffalo Super Fan on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:36 pm

And now the GreenHawks have joined...only they're the "Washington" GreenHawks now.

http://www.acpbl.com/latest-news/34-gre ... acpbl.html
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:07 am

How long before Doyle is Commissioner (or similar) of the ACPBL? Over/under, anyone? :)

Return to “Men's Basketball”