ABA Jersey, what a disgrace!

not so fast
Site Admin

ABA Jersey, what a disgrace!

Post by not so fast » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:46 pm

I must admit, I was stupid. I believed this team and league could possibly work. Well the Jersey fiasco is even worse than the Texas Rimrockers of the USBL.

What has happened in Jersey is a total disgrace, and that owner should be ashamed of himself, but of course he isn't and Jim Clark, and the rest of these ABA guros, who tried to hold this guy accountable now after the season has started, just shows how incompetent they are.

The players that attempted to play in this fiasco, did not diserve this.

Maybe if Clark and company had asked the alleged owner these tough financial questions, oh lets say like a couple of months ago, these young men would have not lost there money in paying for their travel food and housing.

I am to the point where I think we need federal regulations for these leagues starting up. As a conservative, I don't care for too much government intervention. But these Ma and Pa start up leagues that are having every nutcase with five dollars claiming to be an owner, only to fufill some ego trip he might be on, needs to be stopped and ultilmately prosecuted for fraud!

People have better things to do with their time than to waste it on these fake, scheeming, idiotic so-called owners.

I am going to ask that the ABA officials reinburse these young men for this fraud team. And if this league does not reinburse them, then I will suggest the attorney general of Jersey needs to be contacted, and charges should be made against all these officials. Its about time this nonsense STOPS!

meyes
Site Admin

team owners

Post by meyes » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:51 pm

It would seem, especially since the ABA hired a consulting firm to help find good owners, that only people with verifiable credentials would be awarded franchises. The ABA does want diversity in ownership which is good but franchises should only be awarded to owners who are likely to be able to properly set up a team.

Players should be paid for their work, but players should also be businessmen enough to look after their own financial affairs or employ people who can do that for them. Sometimes we all let our aspirations get ahead of common sense.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:40 pm

I don't know who really gives a hoot about diversity in minorleague hoops ownership, I mean all these players want to do is play and get paid, the only color that matters is the little bit of green they get in these cheesy leagues.

Getting a black owner who is lousy just beacuse he's black is stupid. But then, why should I expect anything different. The ABA is just a loose cannon and next i think that team in vegas will crumble, though I hope not!

Meyes, I am frustrated with this Jersey situation and someone needs to be held accountable for all the lies and mis information that took place. This Butler character sounds like a first class idiot!!!!!!

meyes
Site Admin

mess in Jersey

Post by meyes » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:24 am

I can't tell from the information I have seen whether the situation in Jersey is due to deception, incompetence, stupidy, one or more of those, or something else. Clearly it needs to be fixed. If deception can be demonstrated that can be dealt with legally. Other causes need to be handled by the league. Of course the league put the owner there in the first place. On the other hand the ABA has managed to come up with competent or better people at other franchises.

When Las Vegas gets a place to play, they will probably be OK for the rest of the season. Jersey is probably the biggest trouble spot for the league.

Return to “Men's Basketball”