fireworks? really?

impatient
Site Admin

fireworks? really?

Post by impatient » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:36 am

it is late. the slc bees are this teensy tiny team no one cares about. sorry, but it's true. their stadium is smack dab in the middle of a residential area and they end their game with a loud fireworks display.

there are sick miserable people in my house, with kids and old people suffering the stomach flu, and i need this to wake them all up again and rediscover their misery?

GREAT idea team publicist.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Anecdotally... fireworks nights are about the only ones that draw well in Portland anymore.

Furthermore, before it was Franklin Covey (and I don't even recall its current name), it was Derks Field. It's been at that site for a long time now IIRC. Yes, really.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

GoCyclones!
Site Admin

Post by GoCyclones! » Sat May 01, 2010 9:53 pm

If you live close to a ballpark, you have to anticipate some noise and traffic. It's like living by an airport and complaining about the noise. It would be easier for you to move than the team. Why post about that on a baseball site if you don't care about baseball??

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:29 pm

[quote=""GoCyclones!""]If you live close to a ballpark, you have to anticipate some noise and traffic. It's like living by an airport and complaining about the noise. It would be easier for you to move than the team. Why post about that on a baseball site if you don't care about baseball??[/quote]

No, that's not how it works... people buy homes near a stadium, then ***** mightily about the stadium's existence.

Here in Richmond, the neighborhood around University of Richmond Stadium got permit parking put in place because they didn't like U of R (and other Stadium) fans parking in the neighborhood, all of which had been built decades after the Stadium. All of the homeowners knew about the Stadium, and complained anyway.

The correct answer, of course, is "buyer beware".

Return to “General Baseball”