NLL site '74

jwalters
Site Admin

NLL site '74

Post by jwalters » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:37 am

I don't get to write in this section too often but I am a big lacrosse fan. I however made the mistake of assuming that the NLL of '74 and '75 was just a forgotten field lacrosse league. I was wrong. The league was in fact an attempt to establish a thriving summer-time box lacrosse league. The league had several major eastern markets and played 40 to 48 game schedules. The two most interesting things about the league are the fact that teams played on green colored hard-wood instead of astro-turf. The second interesting thing is the Philadelphia Wings logo. I'm sure everyone will recognize it. This is by far the coolest lacrosse website I have ever seen. So take a step back into the past and enjoy http://www.nlllacrosse.com .

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:21 am

I've been a semi-regular viewer of that site for about 4 years now and I have to say it is the single most comprehensive website devoted to a dead league on the net. (Only remember the ABA is better.)

The current Wings have not only maintained their logo from 30 years ago, they have maintained the tradition of the old Wings and made it their own.

One thing to note is that the Wings, Quebequois, Bolts and Toronto Tomahawks, (74 only,) used turfboard and not concrete or hardwood.

The NY Tomahawks had white hardwood which made for some really surreal viewing because the ball was white as well.
And that is all the people need to know!

Return to “General Lacrosse”