Ouch... Bye, Vancouver

Pounder
Site Admin

Ouch... Bye, Vancouver

Post by Pounder » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:39 pm

I like Vancouver. Lovely town. I even like that the Whitecaps (A-Leag errrrrrr United Soccer Leagues Division 1) exist so I can hate them so.

This development sucks.

http://www.nll.com/article_1565.shtml

I'd been watching MISL developments with the same ownership that run the San Diego club, they've been having their troubles across the board, so this wasn't totally unexpected. It's still a painful wreck.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:53 am

As a city, Vancouver has had a long history of lousy management in it`s business community, their government has been a mess for over 30 years and none of their sports teams with the only exception of the Whitecaps/86ers/WhitecapsII have been well managed.

The Lions of the CFL are always on the brink of going belly up because of decades of mismanagement. (Wally Bueno is the messiah there for what he has done to fix that franchise in recent years though.)

The Canucks have been one of the worst managed franchises in NHL history and the sole reason why they still have a team is because the fans just keep on showing up and they get a good portion of the Hockey Night in Canada tv money.

The Canadians AAA team has gone bankrupt more times than contestants on Wheel of Fortune but Major League affiliates keep bailing them out year after year.

The Voodoo were one of maybe 4 RHI roller hockey teams that were well run when Tiger Williams owned the team. (A hockey man running a hockey team and the hockey team succeeding, what are the odds?) However, the second he sold the team to Orca Bay it was all over and they folded the team dispite being profitable since day one.

The Ravens have had used car salesman type ownership that makes the SPHL/WHA2 look legit. Adding to the fact that management leaked money like a seive was the fact that their other business dealings weren`t exactly kosure either. The sole reason why this team survived as long as it did was because of the very thing you mentioned, lacrosse rules in B.C. and the fans just kept coming out.

The next time the NLL goes to Vancouver, they should avoid local ownership there at ALL COSTS!!!
And that is all the people need to know!

SuperSonicStuart
Site Admin

Post by SuperSonicStuart » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:37 pm

Yeah, I think Raj Kalra (the guy who made the NLL Vancouver Ravens and MISL San Diego Sockers go dead) should not be allowed to own another pro sports team ever again! Raj Kalra can burn in hell! :twisted: :evil:

Return to “General Lacrosse”