Ridiculous!

suge night
Site Admin

Ridiculous!

Post by suge night » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Today hockey as we know it, still suggest the game can't be played without guys beating one another in the head by punching despite the already built into the game contact.

The allowed assault on another player makes the game more interesting than developing or finding better talent,is hockey the game that lame?

With CTE being a big problem in the contact sports, why continue down this road? hockey says it needs the fighting to keep its purist fan base involved, well that's fine but where will the future fan base come from?

Younger audiences that have no interest in watching a sport allow assault on another player won't attend the games nor watch it on TV.

NASCAR thought of itself the same way too, yet today those attendance numbers are continuing to tumble the purist fan base theory as a future support base is being dismantled, the nfl is in the same sinking boat.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:47 am

Last month, I went nuts on a trip involving a couple weird bucket list items. Of course, one of those is all Canadian NHL teams, and I earned the money to amble my way in and out of Winnipeg. That included WHL games in Calgary, Swift Current, and Moose Jaw, followed by a flight to Rapid City, South Dakota for an ECHL tilt.

5 games, no fights.

Back home in Portland, game in early December, undersized Winterhawks team, I get a fight.

The WHL was notorious for getting youngsters to fight. The old timers are complaining about the reduction of fighting. The only thing that really needs to be done now is to codify it as the oldsters die off and the increasingly rich kids whose parents are able to afford the sport aren't really interested in satiating the old-timers.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “General Hockey”