How Old is Too Old?

Greg JCar
Site Admin

How Old is Too Old?

Post by Greg JCar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 am

So long story short. I am 23 years of age and love hockey to death. I spend my days if not watching hockey then I'm playing it normally in real life or in a video game. Problem is I never tried out for it back when I was in grade school or college. So here I am wondering if at the age of 23 if I have a chance to obtain my dreams. With my passion for hockey as strong as it is I am always learning new things every day about the game and believe I could compete in the minor leagues at the very least if not the pro leagues one day. Although I never played for any schools I do have some experience playing on the streets with friends and any of them would tell you I am the first guy everyone wants on their team. I also have ice skated although that part of my game could use some more improving.

So with that all being said is there anyone that could answer this question. How old is too old? That and even if you do say too old, could anyone point me in the direction of someone/somewhere I could go to prove that I can do this? I live in the St Clair County area in Michigan right outside Port Huron. Please and thank you for your time.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 am

[quote=""Greg JCar""]So long story short. I am 23 years of age and love hockey to death. I spend my days if not watching hockey then I'm playing it normally in real life or in a video game. Problem is I never tried out for it back when I was in grade school or college. So here I am wondering if at the age of 23 if I have a chance to obtain my dreams. With my passion for hockey as strong as it is I am always learning new things every day about the game and believe I could compete in the minor leagues at the very least if not the pro leagues one day. Although I never played for any schools I do have some experience playing on the streets with friends and any of them would tell you I am the first guy everyone wants on their team. I also have ice skated although that part of my game could use some more improving.

So with that all being said is there anyone that could answer this question. How old is too old? That and even if you do say too old, could anyone point me in the direction of someone/somewhere I could go to prove that I can do this? I live in the St Clair County area in Michigan right outside Port Huron. Please and thank you for your time.[/quote]

I'd start with the men's house league at the local rink.

Greg JCar
Site Admin

Post by Greg JCar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:34 am

I suppose I could of thought of that, thank you though lol. Shall have to find out where the nearest one is :)

jorgea
Site Admin

How Old is Too Old

Post by jorgea » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:54 pm

You got time still. I would give it a try. Let us know here at //www.oursportscentral.com

Return to “General Hockey”