Nal

The Arena Development League (ADL) forum
4th&long
Site Admin

Nal

Post by 4th&long » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 pm

The ADL is now the NAL, a much better name IMO, not a name is a big deal

AFL implode has caused Indoor FB to drop a few pegs, but JAX - as a former AFL team and larger city, may be an anchor for another league.

http://www.nationalarenaleague.com/schedules.html
Last edited by 4th&long on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add caps

suge night
Site Admin

National Arena League trouble

Post by suge night » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:04 am

The immigrant bill just signed could be the nail in coffin for the new Steel team based in Monterrey,Mexico because already known to be citizens of U.S. are being detained, so a question comes up as of today can that team even get players into the U.S or vise versa, this may be all settled before the season but as of today it would appear to be a problem.
Last edited by suge night on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:50 pm

[quote=""suge night""]The immigrant bill just signed could be the nail in coffin for the new Steel team based in Monterrey,Mexico because already known to be citizens of U.S. are being detained, so a question comes up as of today can that team even get players into the U.S or vise versa, this may be all settled before the season but as of today it would appear to be a problem.[/quote]

That seems odd - its pretty limited.

The bigger question will monterrey support indoor fb?

4th

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Ah, my friend 4th you appear to be an out of the box thinker.
But you miss the point take a look at the NAL schedule and you will find that the Steel if taken out of the schedule impacts the entire league.

Most of the teams going into to Monterrey would be receiving asst. Corpus is scheduled to go there more than they play in Corpus. And that's not because they love Mexico.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:36 pm

[quote=""suge night""]Ah, my friend 4th you appear to be an out of the box thinker.
But you miss the point take a look at the NAL schedule and you will find that the Steel if taken out of the schedule impacts the entire league.

Most of the teams going into to Monterrey would be receiving asst. Corpus is scheduled to go there more than they play in Corpus. And that's not because they love Mexico.[/quote]

Well if any team folds it impacts the sch

I dont see any travel issues to monterrey sans potential money issues but i havent heard that either.

What is your concern?

4th

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Border crossing, you have to go through to enter Mexico or to enter Texas.

We'll see what happens when the season starts...

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 pm

The Firebirds have signed a great team; find out more

The headlines read- okay so wait the league is going to float a travel team with the late off the cliff fall of the Ohio team, now they will travel a group of basically semi pro outdoor players week to week who will give up on average 80 points per game,

Jacksonville will beat down the Firebirds on live TV in Jacksonville further watering down the league for year one, this is the same Firebirds who last season gave up 90 points on average per game before folding, no wait they have as the headline says signed a (GREAT) team, Jacksonville didn't sign that TV deal without knowing they would appear in the championship game which by the way is set for TV in Jacksonville if the Sharks are in it. (wink)

I hope they have a good first season as a league, but there are problems already shown to cause first season blues, they are not yet ready to challenge the King, as a league even though the throne is empty. :cool:
Last edited by suge night on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 pm

I agree it will likely be a beat down and I also expect it to be Jacksonville in the finals likely against Columbus.

The Firebird's spot in the league was not about how many games they win, but more about having a team in the footprint that has a solid lease agreement and little risk to fold.

I do expect their roster is better this season and they are facing a couple first year teams so I think they may finish middle of the pack.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Tibitan soccer team denied entry to attend tournament in Dallas today , now will a indoor football team be allowed entry on the same temporary visa 🤓 things are going to get really interesting :rolleyes:

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Sharks defeat Firebirds 39-24 in preseason showdown

Successful debut depends on who is answering the question, but in fairness the birds at least didn't get the boot as heavy in the rear as first thought by most people.

Return to “ADL”