The future of the ADL

The Arena Development League (ADL) forum
coachingubigr
Site Admin

The future of the ADL

Post by coachingubigr » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:52 pm

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the ADL will probably fail too. Just saying.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:07 pm

Coach, while I simply like to see people at the least give the effort you are probably correct.

They received a league thread [forum] pretty quick, just because you can run a team doesn't automatically transfer to building a league, I have already pointed out some possible red flags on this in another thread.

But good luck to them, I noticed in the franchise weekly report that two other indoor leagues were mentioned. This was also covered in the thread I left in another post its not as simple as just naming and whatever else the league state, and it doesn't have to show its business plan on its website but you can get a pretty good idea from the mission statement which will feature some of the basic concepts held within the business operation and plans.
Last edited by suge night on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jungle Fever
Site Admin

Post by Jungle Fever » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:46 am

I like to see them giving it a try, after the ridiculous AIF season. Only four teams so far. Who else might they get to get a full league started?

Jungle Fever
Site Admin

No Confidence

Post by Jungle Fever » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:32 am

The Lions are trying to begin selling season tickets. As much as I hope things will go well for the ADL, I just don't see any evidence that there will be any games played this spring. Two two-team divisions just don't make a league. I'm afraid I'll be out my pre-paid funds once the league fails to produce a single game.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:09 am

I'm pretty sure they will play but the question of just how many or what the number of teams will be probably won't be answered for a minute so to speak.

I've heard a few things of which on this message board I can't speak of but there are more teams than their website shows, as for the Loins selling season tickets already its because they have a general idea where there games will come from and who they can schedule for this first year attempt.

There will have to be some adjustment in the layout of league in order for a second season to happen if things stay as I've understood them to be. :lol:

As I have stated before running a team doesn't mean you can structure a league but an initial season looks like a go.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:42 pm

And now for something completely different- The old Monty Python opening

NASCAR is a great opportunity for the High Country Grizzlies organization and our sponsors to increase our presence in the area and nationwide,” Team Owner Donald Thompson explained. “Race fans are football fans, and this will allow them the chance to learn about the Grizzlies and the Arena Developmental League. We are very happy to have a driver the caliber of Cody McMahan to represent us. Being from our local area, it will help tighten the bond with our fans and race fans.

This short excerpt from the release is interesting from the standpoint of a new indoor football team being a major sponsor of a racing team, now I get the idea they plan on getting sponsors by pitching an added value, what could be more value added than a racing team where simply cranking up the thing cost money.

There are rules to thinking out of the box- (Figure Out The Box You're In) If you try to get out before you understand the Box's parameters, you'll just remain inside of the box, and that's exactly what the box wants. :cool:

P.S. The possibility of bleeding Red Ink from two sources could equal a very poor outcome.
Last edited by suge night on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:08 pm

:eek: looks like the Dayton Wolfpack is dead on arrival face-book page and website vanished, I have stated that I thought the league would kickoff and to some degree I still think they will, in some type of format.

But the concerns being the team that is calling itself a majority sponsor of a race team, now the pack has appeared to have folded as quickly as they came on the scene.

Rumors are floating about questioning the entire setup of the proposed league.

As I stated before organization of a team is one thing, building a league is a whole other monster.

Update: Appears the Pack is back or are they the new site appears to return just in time for tryout's to be held on the 17th of September, but their is little to no content on the site usually a telling sign of what's to come. I guess we'll see.....
Last edited by suge night on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

arenafan
Site Admin

Good news coming.........

Post by arenafan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:16 pm

A lot of good news coming, when you are trying to build something the right way it takes time, you cant just throw teams together or you have the same product. The Lions are selling tickets because they know whats going on and have been doing this for 11 years. Their credibility assures me they know what they are doing.

Jungle Fever
Site Admin

Post by Jungle Fever » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:48 pm

i sincerely hope you're right, I really do. I just don't see the evidence.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:54 am

Arenafan, says the credibility of Lions suggest the league is going to takeoff

Jungle fever speaks of evidence, funny thing about credibility its usually supported by evidence and that's what makes it credible. Fever questions whether a league can be done by the group, Arena Fan is suggesting because of the team they can make this happen, From my understanding there are some holes in the plan but they might be fixable as I have stated before I'm supportive of anyone who has the guts to try it being whatever it may be.

But I also have noted just how hard it is to organize a league compared to a team, Arena Fan is right about one thing the Lions can start selling tickets because they have a plan for 2017 either way they have a short list of teams they will put on a schedule if it should come to that, and for one season they could put on games without questions from their fan base. Hopefully it works out 8-)

Return to “ADL”