Pecos League Stadium History Map

The Pecos League (Pecos) forum
independentbaseball
Site Admin

Pecos League Stadium History Map

Post by independentbaseball » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:58 pm

In order to better serve independent baseball fans, I am starting to make custom maps for each active league. The first league from which I got feedback was the Pecos League. They gave me a list of previous teams' stadiums/fields as well as the locations where they played at least 1 game at a neutral site when considering a new market at the time (examples: Del Rio Texas and Pueblo Colorado).

Click the link below for the current map which has the most up-to-date information of the Pecos League's stadium history (since 2011):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1HfMEmDOcaBQQk_LbBeIDJbe01zc

You have the ability to click on any given map marker ("pin") and get more information about the team(s) which played games at that location. Many of the photos included for any given pin are currently coming from Google's database; but I may be able to include more if the Pecos League gives me stadium-specific photos.

Should the Pecos League give me changes to make, any updates automatically will appear in the Map; and this means your link won't have to change.

Should you like these kinds of Maps then I am open to suggestions to give as much value to fans. For example, I can make the Maps for the other independent leagues only about the currently-active teams versus including folded teams. I also may be able to make any upcoming Map have more ground-level detail, although that still is to be determined.

Thank you for your thoughts and you are welcome to share the Pecos League map, or any upcoming independent league map I create, if you feel that others may benefit.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Nice work!

Return to “Pecos”