PFT on SpringLeague's July 15 showcase game

4th&long
Site Admin

PFT on SpringLeague's July 15 showcase game

Post by 4th&long » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:07 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rt-of/amp/

>>
Former NFL running back Fred Jackson wants to play football again. And he will. In a way.

Jackson will participate next month in a Spring League Showcase game in California on July 15, along with former NFL defensive end Greg Hardy and former NFL running back Anthony Dixon.

The game, to be played at Napa Memorial Stadium, will pit Spring League California against Spring League East. Terry Shea will coach the California team; Donnie Henderson will lead the East team.

The Spring League debuted earlier this year with four teams playing a total of six games at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.<<
Last edited by 4th&long on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:19 pm

I don't think they played six games in Greenbrier, did they?

Also, Pro Football Talk needs content. That's the only reason they "cover" this league.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 am

I thought I gave information on another thread.

Woods is in Napa, so dudes need to Left/Uber 50+ miles from.OAK or SFO just to get to the location.

And the one game is on a streaming site for $20/month or $150/year.

And 4th, I live in the Bay Area. None of the five stations which provide 4+ hours of local news. No station has mentioned The Spring League*.

*- I don't watch KTNV-11 from San José much as they cover news south of Fremont and Palo Alto.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:12 pm

[quote=""Renandpat""]I thought I gave information on another thread.

Woods is in Napa, so dudes need to Left/Uber 50+ miles from.OAK or SFO just to get to the location.

And the one game is on a streaming site for $20/month or $150/year.

And 4th, I live in the Bay Area. None of the five stations which provide 4+ hours of local news. No station has mentioned The Spring League*.

*- I don't watch KTNV-11 from San José much as they cover news south of Fremont and Palo Alto.[/quote]

I wouldn't think they Woods. Its not a League its an academy - it may get a media mention due to some names playing or if Woods has contacts.

The SL is geared towards players and teams (CFL/NFL perhaps even AFL). The production quality is not broadcast or near broadcast quality as we know. Those are his changes from the FXFL. So from an entertainment perspective not very interesting, from a business POV more so. If he lands more players he may step it up next year.

And BTW - Napa is great. :)

4th

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:17 am

I think you overindulge on the wine, given how often you seem to drunk post.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “General Football”