Don Yee is a go getter, a doer and he has connections

This is happening - 2018. Good stuff

Great article

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.3201543

4th

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Wed May 31, 2017 8:17 pm

They will also be eligible for worker’s compensation packages and lifetime benefits in the event they suffer a career-ending injury, which is just one of several elements Yee wants in place to protect his athletes.

4th did you notice those five magical words (they,will,be,eligible.)
being that the insurance industry is a great American scam who fight just the regular guy working to collect that money when injured, one can only guess how difficult gaining access to the cash coming from football will be.

But being that he is going to attempt this I'll offer a high grade for the effort but I have already explained what's wrong with his concept.

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Wed May 31, 2017 11:26 pm

Yee...
1- still hasn't gotten staff outside of the former Arena League VP.
2- has no agreements with So Cal jucos.
3- no media partner.

And direct from the article...
The ideas are all in place. Now Yee just needs to find investors
Granted, there is some time remaining, but he has between now (when HS graduation season) and next year's graduation to get players who are marketable enough for people to spend money on actually playing football in a stadium. If you're gonna play in July 2018 and be done by NCAA Week 0, which is the Saturday before Labor Day, they must start camp in Mid-May at best, or the first week of June immediately following HS graduations and pay to move those kids west.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:01 pm

[quote=""Renandpat""]Yee...
1- still hasn't gotten staff outside of the former Arena League VP.
2- has no agreements with So Cal jucos.
3- no media partner.

And direct from the article...

Granted, there is some time remaining, but he has between now (when HS graduation season) and next year's graduation to get players who are marketable enough for people to spend money on actually playing football in a stadium. If you're gonna play in July 2018 and be done by NCAA Week 0, which is the Saturday before Labor Day, they must start camp in Mid-May at best, or the first week of June immediately following HS graduations and pay to move those kids west.[/quote]

He isnt hiding that. They got a first round of money already. Yee is connected, has many associates-acquaintances - business partners- etc with money.

I think it will be a go. But if not at least he tried.

New independent media looking for content as Yee and myself have stated, AFL just signed twitter deal

http://www.arenafootball.com/articles/a ... es-in-2017

4th
Last edited by 4th&long on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:27 pm

The WNBA, NLL and MLL signed deals to have games on twitter, not a big deal the AFL did.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:48 pm

[quote=""Fran""]The WNBA, NLL and MLL signed deals to have games on twitter, not a big deal the AFL did.[/quote]

I agree those leagues signing isnt big FB news. This is FB or a fasmile.

FB rules

Again NBC/PFT did report it. Its big news for AFL

Regardless - its big for the afl and a positive development - thats a good thing

4th

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:16 pm

[quote=""4th&long""]I agree those leagues signing isnt big FB news. This is FB or a fasmile.

FB rules

Again NBC/PFT did report it. Its big news for AFL

Regardless - its big for the afl and a positive development - thats a good thing
4th[/quote]

The only way this is even considered any type of news is if the afl figured out how to monetize it .......... sorry I was waiting for that news, they haven't a clue making this nothing more than a kind of semi pro news release this is something you would see them do, and those players would go crazy over the news look we're going to be on twitter. Sorry 4th even for FB news this is nothing no matter who's reporting it.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm

[quote=""suge night""]The only way this is even considered any type of news is if the afl figured out how to monetize it .......... sorry I was waiting for that news, they haven't a clue making this nothing more than a kind of semi pro news release this is something you would see them do, and those players would go crazy over the news look we're going to be on twitter. Sorry 4th even for FB news this is nothing no matter who's reporting it.[/quote]

Completely disagree (as does PFT) but no worries.

4th

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:27 am

We are thrilled to partner with the Arena Football League to bring their exciting brand of live football to fans globally on Twitter,” said Anthony Noto, Twitter COO. “AFL fans can now watch live games anywhere in the world on the same platform where the AFL conversation is already happening.”

Now is there anything in that generic message saying this offers us (twitter) a boost or further our opportunities into an area of growth usually the COO can't control his boot licking when announcing some new crossover marketing opportunity here you got a generic message :rolleyes:

As for PFT they haven't made or broke any venture just another talking head with an opinion, so they have no dog in that fight, but as I have said before I welcome the courage PacPro will attempt, but when the business plan is flawed its flawed, so they raise over 10 mill. then what? we've seen this before simply having the cash won't be enough if they should get to that point. I'm not knocking you just looking specifically at the roll out plan of this proposed project. But in closing the news from the afl is nothing that will interest a possible fan of football.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:37 pm

My GOD, man, you realize Pro Football Talk just needs content, right?

Jeez. When this doesn't happen, you'll be left saying it could have worked, or it can still work or, hey, at least he tried.

That's stupid. Who cares if you try? All of these people have tried. And they've all failed. Because people want to watch the NFL, not a league full of guys they've never heard of and who aren't good enough.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “General Football”