PPFL and potential TV rating

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:24 am

[quote=""Renandpat""]I enjoy the crashes more. The business crashes, not the football ones which even Bo Jackson regrets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ml ... /96492338/

But your ass is SO bloodthirsty for football. The blood is on your hands, 4th! Guess you want folks to keep buying.cigarettes too, just cause.

Can't wait for the "poor/bad marketing" excuse in November 2018 for each of these efforts.[/quote]

Excuse me?

What are you talking about?

Blood on my hands for routing for a new league to be a success?

4th

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:44 am

[quote=""4th&long""]Excuse me?

What are you talking about?

Blood on my hands for routing for a new league to be a success?

4th[/quote]

Yes. Three letters.....CTE

Football hurts and it kills. Football in 2017 is what cigarettes were in circa 1984.

You seem to put your desire to see more of this sport over the clinical damage whice we now know about. You wants lids to get CTE for $50K/year in July because you like football, dammit.

When a child is forced to play it from age 7 through HS, CTE is already there.
CTE is bad, yet you still want as many football games as you can since you think players are basically marionettes.

I'm 42 and while I watch football games every Saturday and Sunday, it's harder and harder for me to watch every week. The Matt Moore hit last week had me change the channel as soon as I saw him roll out of the pocket. Yet, I love MMA and boxing, but I seem to be more OK with those.
Last edited by Renandpat on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:28 am

[quote=""Renandpat""]Yes. Three letters.....CTE

Football hurts and it kills. Football in 2017 is what cigarettes were in circa 1984.

You seem to put your desire to see more of this sport over the clinical damage whice we now know about. You wants lids to get CTE for $50K/year in July because you like football, dammit.

When a child is forced to play it from age 7 through HS, CTE is already there.
CTE is bad, yet you still want as many football games as you can since you think players are basically marionettes.

I'm 42 and while I watch football games every Saturday and Sunday, it's harder and harder for me to watch every week. The Matt Moore hit last week had me change the channel as soon as I saw him roll out of the pocket. Yet, I love MMA and boxing, but I seem to be more OK with those.[/quote]

Oh my, please open up a separate thread to discuss your concerns about FB and CTE in general.... it doesn't belong here

4th

Renandpat
Site Admin

Post by Renandpat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:48 am

[quote=""4th&long""]Oh my, please open up a separate thread to discuss your concerns about FB and CTE in general.... it doesn't belong here

4th[/quote]

You started a thread about potential TV ratings, yet CTE for kids (18-21 year old kids) isn't an issue?

GTFOH!!!

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:11 pm

[quote=""4th&long""]Oh my, please open up a separate thread to discuss your concerns about FB and CTE in general.... it doesn't belong here

4th[/quote]

Perhaps you should show the deed from when you bought the website before you start acting like you dictate what gets discussed here.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:49 pm

[quote=""4th&long""]With three leagues in the works its the best time weve seen for alt pro fb

Americans love Pro FB and one of these or another will strike success.
[/quote]

No they won't.

And no, they don't. Americans love the NFL.

Just taking a bunch of guys who aren't good enough to play in the NFL and putting them onto teams to which no one has an emotional attachment, and which have zero history and which no one has ever passed an allegiance to down to a second generation will not be successful.

The Spring League is a Brian Woods production, which means it's surely not going to be successful. This league in California that purports to put kids out of high school into a mini league will not be successful. What's the third one? MLFB's stock is down to like 9 cents and it won't play. The NAFL is a scam and won't play. The USFL is still looking for funding.

None of these leagues are going to be successful and you're going to be as wrong about them as you have been about everything else you've ever opined about here.
Last edited by Sam Hill on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Perhaps you should show the deed from when you bought the website before you start acting like you dictate what gets discussed here.[/quote]

very true no deed.

But yapping about CTE on a league never to play a down on a site dedicating to minor / alt league FB while NFL and CFB exist is a non-starter

Lets put it this way - just the announcement of 3 new leagues has generated way more post on here - thats what most website want - actual eye balls and activity.

poo pooing at every angle any alt league is just pushing away customers

That is all.

4th

LordBy2014
Site Admin

Post by LordBy2014 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:26 pm

CTE - very serious concern but not the focal point of this thread . . .

The PPFL hopefully has the financing to get 4 teams of 50 players (200+ total) to get the ball rolling this summer . . .

Alternative Football - if built right and managed properly, the viewers will come especially in this day/age of digital content platforms . . . IMHO!

PolyDad
Site Admin

Post by PolyDad » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Perhaps you should show the deed from when you bought the website before you start acting like you dictate what gets discussed here.[/quote]
Websites have deeds of ownership? Who knew?

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 am

[quote=""4th&long""]very true no deed.

But yapping about CTE on a league never to play a down on a site dedicating to minor / alt league FB while NFL and CFB exist is a non-starter

Lets put it this way - just the announcement of 3 new leagues has generated way more post on here - thats what most website want - actual eye balls and activity.

[/quote]

Jerry Jones hosted a "football summit" this week. It supposedly included representatives of every level of the game, pro to youth. Part of the point was to explore how to boost participation levels while trying to deal with CTE. What rule changes can be made? What training and/or precautions can be taken? How can the structure, the "pyramid," the format change?

It's sort of a sign of the 800-pound gorilla addressing the two-ton elephant in the room. Do you think more kids are participating? That isn't what I'm seeing at present. It needs to be addressed if you're going to have any sort of business, any affordable insurance... and not talking about it is highly irresponsible. It turns out someone within the NFL family kind of IS addressing it. So it's best to perhaps see the opening of such a discussion as an opportunity.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “General Football”