OSC twitter account

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 am

[quote=""4th&long""]You stated OSC is just re tweeting, - that is not correct, or aka inaccurate[/quote]

That's interesting (and I stand corrected)...

I went to https://twitter.com/osctoday
You went to https://mobile.twitter.com/osctoday

The non-mobile site defaults to Tweets, which is where I took my info from.
The mobile site defaults to Tweets & Replies and shows the insides of conversations.

However, even with that added content, it broke down into three main areas:
(1) Trying to keep the story of the players not being paid on the front burner
(2) Debunking the over-inflated to-the-NFL stats
(3) Debating the definition of "successful"

No opining though. Mostly just pointing out the facts and repeating the experiences of players who haven't been paid.

Anti-FXFL? No.
Harsh truth? Yes.

Dave

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 am

[quote=""dmbishop""]That's interesting (and I stand corrected)...

I went to https://twitter.com/osctoday
You went to https://mobile.twitter.com/osctoday

The non-mobile site defaults to Tweets, which is where I took my info from.
The mobile site defaults to Tweets & Replies and shows the insides of conversations.

However, even with that added content, it broke down into three main areas:
(1) Trying to keep the story of the players not being paid on the front burner
(2) Debunking the over-inflated to-the-NFL stats
(3) Debating the definition of "successful"

No opining though. Mostly just pointing out the facts and repeating the experiences of players who haven't been paid.

Anti-FXFL? No.
Harsh truth? Yes.

Dave[/quote]

Bottomline it's not retweeting ... So now that we have that in agreement

It IS opining

@FCSScout If the FXFL needs tryout cash to make it to year two, they are wasting their time. Too much red ink.
11:18pm - 21 Jan 15

@to2471 @AbramsonPBP @FXFL Except most/all would have had the shot anyway. There are many hundreds of NFL transactions during the season.

@The_Pamperziaz How successful is the @FXFL when it cancelled its finale and players complain they're owed money?
3:34pm - 29 Dec 14

And all the posts have a negative bias. At the end of the day it's their twitter so they clearly can post what they want, but negative it is. I wonder why?
Last edited by 4th&long on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:19 am

Being that OSC is a site dedicated to Minor League & Independent Sports. Is it wrong that they are retweeting the negative FXFL stuff? I'd think not as we as a whole want to see these leagues succeed. Not leave a paper trail of unpaid bills and embarrassing histories.

I have an idea. FXFL pay's it players, retweets stop? Maybe even a retweet about a bigger, better plan? We shall see.

Personally, I'm just glad that OSC hasn't began covering the NAFL or "New USFL" yet. Talk about "If's", "And's", and "Maybes"...
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:23 pm

@FCSScout If the FXFL needs tryout cash to make it to year two, they are wasting their time. Too much red ink.
11:18pm - 21 Jan 15
A factual statement. If they have no money and need emergency cash from tryouts, then how will they be able to pay for year 2?
@to2471 @AbramsonPBP @FXFL Except most/all would have had the shot anyway. There are many hundreds of NFL transactions during the season.
Opinion but based on too many facts to go over here. More players from Foot Locker (Chris Matthews) played important roles in NFL games this year than from the FXFL.
@The_Pamperziaz How successful is the @FXFL when it cancelled its finale and players complain they're owed money?
3:34pm - 29 Dec 14
A valid question. No opinion.
And all the posts have a negative bias. At the end of the day it's their twitter so they clearly can post what they want, but negative it is. I wonder why?
Because there is a lot of negative and nothing positive except for the odd player being signed to the off-season practice squads.

Perhaps the league should issue a statement saying that they are aware that some players have not been paid but they are working hard to secure financing to both pay the players and be ready for next season?

Dave

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:58 pm

[quote=""dmbishop""]A factual statement. If they have no money and need emergency cash from tryouts, then how will they be able to pay for year 2?

Opinion but based on too many facts to go over here. More players from Foot Locker (Chris Matthews) played important roles in NFL games this year than from the FXFL.

A valid question. No opinion.

Because there is a lot of negative and nothing positive except for the odd player being signed to the off-season practice squads.

Perhaps the league should issue a statement saying that they are aware that some players have not been paid but they are working hard to secure financing to both pay the players and be ready for next season?

Dave[/quote]

Thats not the OP question nor the intent of my asking

Understood that people have opinions but a site expressing one thats diff

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:59 pm

Just my two cents here but why would it matter if OSC gives an opinion from this site anyway? Whether that is on this site, the social media sites or any other OSC affiliated site. You can both report and have an opinion on sports. Sites do it all the time. Look at some place like Bleacher Report. Perfect example. They give you both facts and also opinions. Last time I checked ESPN does the same. What does it matter??? We are talking about reporting on both factual and reported rumored information. It is not like OSC is going out and throwing first hand random statements around. That is what WE do here on the forums!

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Thanks for saving me the effort of replying... You summed it up perfectly.

Dave

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:34 pm

[quote=""Minor League Mania""]What does it matter???[/quote]

In reality it doesn't except that 4th gets upset when the big meanies say bad things about his favorite league. He just wanted to know which meanie was publicly saying bad things on Twitter under the OSC account and trying to get them to stop it by using the (specious) argument that as a website account, OSC should only be posting promotional tweets.

Dave

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:34 pm

4th and Long just doesn't get it...

Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:41 am

I don't think most sports news sites tweet negative comments, write commentary and opinion - not the same

And what is the point?

Return to “General Football”