Adios I.P.L. -- Although we barely knew thee...

The Indoor Professional League (IPL) forum
tops804
Site Admin

Adios I.P.L. -- Although we barely knew thee...

Post by tops804 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 pm

....or in other terms. "Another one bites the dust"

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/08/the_harrisburg_heat_will_remai.html
The Harrisburg Heat will remain in the Major Arena Soccer League for the upcoming season

The Harrisburg Heat will continue to compete in the Major Arena Soccer League, according to team officials.

It comes on the heels of the announcement that the MASL and Indoor Professional League have improved communications and operations.

The MASL confirmed the membership of four teams for the 2016-17 season. Teams include the Heat, St. Louis Ambush and Baltimore Blast. The Florida Tropics have joined the league as an expansion team.

Each team will play a 20-game season. The season begins in October and will run through early March.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:35 pm

In other words, Baltimore found out that it's tough to stage a revolution without followers. :)

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:27 pm

^^i don't think that what you're sayin' was the case at all. If it was, can someone explain to me why the board of the MASL was breakin' their necks to meet with Ed Hale in Baltimore? I don't think he ever initiated a meeting with them. To set the record straight, however, I do fully understand why Ed was so upset over the "setup" of the MASL (from the "cupcake" owners of many of the MASL teams to the matter of possibly being sued if something went wrong throughout the season). There was too much big put on his shoulders......... alone.

Let's get one thing straight, however; when the dust settled & the smoke cleared, the MASL begged Ed Hale & company to come back (Harrisburg, Baltimore, Florida, & St. Louis). It wasn't the other way around....
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:26 am

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]
Let's get one thing straight, however; when the dust settled & the smoke cleared, the MASL begged Ed Hale & company to come back (Harrisburg, Baltimore, Florida, & St. Louis). It wasn't the other way around....[/quote]

That's some high-grade bulls*** right there, Fangirl.

Hale should have held his ground and played Harrisburg and Florida and St. Louis seven or eight times each, seeing as how no other teams ever materialized.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:44 am

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Image
[/quote]i guess it takes one to know one, buttcrack...
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Pop in once every eighteen months and hope to be taken seriously, b!tch.

Are you related to the other moron from Baltimore who worships at the altar of Ed Hale?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:39 am

On a hopefully more productive note...

Hale wants the old MISL back on his terms (a nationwide major-market footprint playing in top-level arenas in front to 10,000 fans). The MASL is mostly smaller markets playing to 2,000 fans).

The problem is that except for a couple of teams the indoor soccer landscape has been reduced to the MASL level. There aren't enough places left that matches what Hale wants.

Dave

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:42 am

The MISL that we all knew, really peaked in the 1980's. Since then, too many ESPN type networks, NBA & NHL expansion, and MLS (Although primarily a summer league) have all taken any "Major" markets out of any "Major" Indoor Soccer League.

Add the internet & social media and you just can't put over 5,000 people in very many (if any) arenas for an indoor soccer game. Let alone carry on interest over a season or seasons.

I vividly remember when MISL & AISA seemed to be on firm ground and growing. However, "Seemed" was an operative word as later the money and interest just proved to not be there.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:03 pm

[quote=""tops804""]The MISL that we all knew, really peaked in the 1980's. Since then, too many ESPN type networks, NBA & NHL expansion, and MLS (Although primarily a summer league) have all taken any "Major" markets out of any "Major" Indoor Soccer League.

Add the internet & social media and you just can't put over 5,000 people in very many (if any) arenas for an indoor soccer game. Let alone carry on interest over a season or seasons.

I vividly remember when MISL & AISA seemed to be on firm ground and growing. However, "Seemed" was an operative word as later the money and interest just proved to not be there.[/quote]

Back in the days when the Wichita Wings were playing to capacity home crowds in the mid 80s, they were losing money hand over fist. When they finally got rid of the six figure contracts, they were still losing money hand over fist because they were no longer playing to capacity crowds. It turned into a 25-year long death spiral.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:55 pm

[quote=""nksports""]It turned into a 25-year long death spiral.[/quote]

AMATEURS!!!

My NY Arrows were able to accomplish the death spiral in 6 years!

:infun:
Dave

Return to “IPL”