Hudson Valley Fort coach John Jenkins reportedly fired

The Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm

BTW, I think it's this Robert Gordon as his LinkedIn profile mentioned some FXFL scouting:
http://www.justsportsstats.com/football ... ordobob002

Tarver
Site Admin

Post by Tarver » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:04 pm

[quote=""preeths""]BTW, I think it's this Robert Gordon as his LinkedIn profile mentioned some FXFL scouting:
http://www.justsportsstats.com/football ... ordobob002[/quote]

Has to be the guy.

The irony of their new coach also being a salesman of over-priced, over-rated cars to retirees is just awesome.

Brian Woods has truly found his man.

LordBy2014
Site Admin

Post by LordBy2014 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:55 pm

something smells fishy over there . . .

John Jenkins just wanting to get his pay and all hell breaks loose?

FXFL not looking too sharp from where I sit right now . . .

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:05 pm

[quote=""preeths""]According to Owens, Robert Gordon has been hired as the new coach of the Hudson Valley Fort. No social media posts from the team in a couple days.[/quote]

However, did the "FXFL pays the players" tweet get taken down? I don't see it.

Either the guy who holds the keys to the media sites up and quit, or Woods broke his/her fingers. I thought they'd be posting "Team work out", "At local supermarket" and "Helping old ladies cross the street" things for publicity.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:16 pm

The FXFL is still posting, several tweets about this weekend's game, for instance. The Fort hasn't tweeted since the game on Saturday and hasn't posted on Facebook since Monday morning. Normally that's not much to mention, but since press releases are a rarity, and I don't believe the Fort has a dedicated website, it's the only thing they could really be doing to let people know what's going on.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:19 pm

This may have the NIFL and EIFL implosions topped for most craptacular death of a league.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:27 pm

[quote=""nksports""]This may have the NIFL and EIFL implosions topped for most craptacular death of a league.[/quote]

Sometimes -- but mostly not -- OSC needs a "Like button" for posts just like this one. :p

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:36 pm

[quote=""preeths""]The FXFL is still posting, several tweets about this weekend's game, for instance. The Fort hasn't tweeted since the game on Saturday and hasn't posted on Facebook since Monday morning. Normally that's not much to mention, but since press releases are a rarity, and I don't believe the Fort has a dedicated website, it's the only thing they could really be doing to let people know what's going on.[/quote]

My bad....

"HV Sports Report" posted the tweet I was referring to. Most of the Brawlers website, was just a link from the Scrappers. It wouldn't surprise me if the "synergy factor" was supposed to hold true for the rest of the NYPL linked teams. Brooklyn seems a little more organized. Which is the equivalent of someone thinking they were on the part of the Titanic that was just "slightly damp"....but drown anyways.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:42 pm

I think to be fair to the Hudson Valley and Mahoning Valley groups, they can only be as organized as the league is. Plus, the entire FXFL concept appears to be a failure regardless of market. The HV and MV people are proven operators; the FXFL not so much.

LordBy2014
Site Admin

Post by LordBy2014 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:24 pm

[quote=""preeths""]I think to be fair to the Hudson Valley and Mahoning Valley groups, they can only be as organized as the league is. Plus, the entire FXFL concept appears to be a failure regardless of market. The HV and MV people are proven operators; the FXFL not so much.[/quote]

Pretty much sums it up for the FXFL's glorious plan to be the D-League of the NFL . . .

Return to “FXFL”