IFL almost having the same impact the FXFL is

The Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

IFL almost having the same impact the FXFL is

Post by Fran » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:13 pm

This shows NFL teams are looking at indoor/arena football teams more than the FXFL

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4912456

The Colorado Ice are proud to announce that linebacker/defensive, Danny Mason Jr., has signed a contract with the Denver Broncos of the National Football League. After a successful rookie IFL campaign with the Ice, Mason will get the opportunity to advance his playing career during the Broncos'2015 training camp.

aball
Site Admin

Post by aball » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:54 am

You are correct. Paul made an earlier post showing over 30 AFL players being signed to the NFL this year....over three times as many as the FXFL

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 am

[quote=""Fran""]This shows NFL teams are looking at indoor/arena football teams more than the FXFL

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4912456

The Colorado Ice are proud to announce that linebacker/defensive, Danny Mason Jr., has signed a contract with the Denver Broncos of the National Football League. After a successful rookie IFL campaign with the Ice, Mason will get the opportunity to advance his playing career during the Broncos'2015 training camp.[/quote]

Fran

I don't think there needs to be a hate affair with the FXFL. I'm actually glad and not surprised the nfl is looking at indoor FB. I think that's great. But the fxfl was a 4 team 8 total game season, indoor arena has many more teams and games so good to see it.

considering the size and scope of the tiny fxfl, it's simply a matter of math. I think that real FB with real film is still a better source for the nfl, but indoor also strives to do the same. Bottom line it's not either or, nor is it indoor vs fxfl.

It's FB baby .. Yeah!

4th

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:54 am

[quote=""4th&long""]
I don't think there needs to be a hate affair with the FXFL.
[/quote]

You are never, ever going to get it, are you?

It's not hate. The term "hater" is some nonsense that the hip-hop generation likes to use to avoid taking responsibility for their missteps and character flaws.

It's not hate with regards to the FXFL.

It's (deserved) ridicule with a bit of pity, schadenfreude and scorn for its sycophants (like yourself).

Because their hubris and your cluelessness both merit a smacking down.

That's it. That's the list.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:08 am

The FXFL kept on tooting its horn and claimed it was about getting players to the NFL. The indoor/arena football leagues haven't.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:53 pm

It goes further. The FXFL's return on investment is so miniscule, it's ridiculous. I'm not even talking the financial return which will eventually be the bottom line of any business. Even if we put that aside and accept the league's premise that it exists to develop players, it spent an unseemly amount of money to keep about a dozen bodies warm for NFL practice rosters. The fact the AFL provided so many more guys while playing in the NFL's offseason should embarrass the FXFL leadership.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:10 pm

I would question the use of the term "leadership" almost as much as I would question their ability to be embarrassed.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:23 am

[quote=""Fran""]The FXFL kept on tooting its horn and claimed it was about getting players to the NFL. The indoor/arena football leagues haven't.[/quote]

Fran,

I understand that but why the anomosity towards the fxfl? They are trying to show that they were successful to some extent - they never said it as a put down towards indoor FB? It's just a selling point to the nfl, potential players and investors. Clearly having real game film against a higher level of player isa plus in getting to the nfl.

4th

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:07 am

I don't have animosity the fxfl was poorly run they couldn't have game stats and that's a joke and players are still owed money.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:45 am

[quote=""Fran""]I don't have animosity the fxfl was poorly run they couldn't have game stats and that's a joke and players are still owed money.[/quote]

Can't argue that the website should have been maintained with stats etc.... And in a timely manner. I don't think that makes them poorly run. Unpolished maybe. They did put on the games and produce the tv. Certainly the drop out of Boston ownership so close to season starting didn't help. Not playing players on the other hand is unprofessional, unfair, and a sign this likely is one and done. But you never know they may clear it up, comes down to who has the money and what they want or don't want.

4th

Return to “FXFL”