Should Michael Sam sign with a FXFL team

The Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) forum
Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:28 pm

[quote=""preeths""] Any player who has been cut from two teams in less than half a season and can't stick on a practice squad is a long shot who would need to develop significantly before opening eyes. [/quote]

But...playing against other guys who have been cut from two teams in less than half a season and can't stick on a practice squad should develop them sufficiently, right? Under the expert tutelage of guys who haven't coached in years?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Great point Sam I don't know how a guy like Bolts head coach John Bock would even know how to coach Michael Sam.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 pm

And this isn't to dump on Sam or any of the hundreds of others who are in his position. It isn't easy to make the NFL, and you have to be the best of the best to compete in that league and have the size to do so. I can't blame anyone for having the dream and chasing it until the last door slams shut.

We have to remember, with many guys all the game action and coaching in the world isn't going to push them into that echelon. They're just not going to develop enough to become NFL-caliber. Their bodies don't house the quickness, or have the ability to put on weight without injury, or have the speed, etc. The reasons are almost endless. That doesn't make them terrible; just not among the best of the best. There is no shame in that.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Sounds like Sam has a better chance playing ing FXFL than sitting on a couch if he wannts to get in the nfl

Longshot it may be

Perhaps hes not FXFL material?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:33 pm

I won't even hazard a guess as to what that means.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:49 pm

[quote=""4th&long""]The cfl is off the american sports media radar... nfl[/quote]

Who give a damn about American sports media, that's for the consumer. I'm willing to bet cash money that NFL teams/scouts pay attention to what goes on in the CFL, and in the end those are the audience players are hoping to catch.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:20 am

[quote=""newiflfan""]Who give a damn about American sports media, that's for the consumer. I'm willing to bet cash money that NFL teams/scouts pay attention to what goes on in the CFL, and in the end those are the audience players are hoping to catch.[/quote]

Who gives a damn? Sam, FXFL and potential sponsors.

CFL ties up players for two years. FXFL does not and plays American style ball.

If CFL is interested and Sam is inclined, he may try that, but for 2015 I don't get that vibe.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 pm

[quote=""4th&long""]
...CFL ties up players for two years...[/quote]

There are always ways out of contracts, always. If a situation were to arise where an NFL team really wanted a guy currently playing CFL ball, trust me, they would be able to get them.

Return to “FXFL”