X-League merges with NAIF

The X-League forum
Fran
Site Admin

X-League merges with NAIF

Post by Fran » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:30 am

The NAIF Announces an Absorption of the X-League
Owensboro, KY -- The North American Indoor Football League is proud to announce a merger of the X-League with the NAIF. According to NAIF Co-Owner, Kory White, “The NAIF is pleased to partner with Michael Mink, Casey Smith, and the X-League. This merger will no doubt make the start of our season even more exciting and put a deep boot print in indoor football.” Michael Mink, X-League Commissioner, and Casey Smith, X-League President, made the decision to join the NAIF for the 2016 season. Mink, a Florida native, has a lengthy background in football, marketing, and advertising. Although he played baseball at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, his mother’s insistence that he coach football resonated soundly, and he decided to take on that task. “After my mother passed, I knew I had to coach. But, it wasn’t just coaching that was important, it was also running a team successfully. I have been a part of many teams including: Gulf Coast Raiders, Montgomery Maulers, Carolina Speed, Ogden Knights, Yakima Valley Warriors and 2015 X-League Champions, Florida Marine Raiders.”
This merger comes at a time where indoor leagues are finding it necessary to band together for the success of a sport, well-loved across the US and abroad. According to Mink, “With so many leagues forming, it is imperative that we join together to be successful. You will never see success with everyone going in separate directions, so it makes sense to partner with the NAIF. This merger will create regional play which will help team owners save money in their budgets. Football is also ready to expand abroad. I believe with this joint venture, we will find international success which isn’t just important to the teams playing but the fans that watch. We want to imprint ourselves as successful beyond the United States by thinking globally.” Mink has traveled four years in a row to Brazil where he says, “Linemen are everywhere. Why not expand? This sport will not exist without the business, players, or fans.”
Joining the NAIF will be: St. Louis Attack, Alabama Outlaws, New Mexico Stars, Corpus Christi Fury, Georgia Rampage, Myrtle Beach Freedom, and possibly the Florida Marine Raiders, with other teams to be announced at a later date. Mink and Smith will both take on roles with the NAIF. Smith will become Co-President with Richard Beam and Mink will join as Co-Chairman. “Working with Casey Smith has been nothing but a blessing. Now, we both are excited to play a role in the NAIF. We anticipate a remarkable season with the new people we get to work with.”

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:13 pm

ANOTHER league for Michael Mink to screw up? As he said, "I have been a part of many teams including: Gulf Coast Raiders, Montgomery Maulers, Carolina Speed, Ogden Knights, Yakima Valley Warriors and 2015 X-League Champions, Florida Marine Raiders.”

ALL OF WHICH FAILED. He's even hinting that his current Florida team might fold ("possibly the Florida Marine Raiders")... the man is one of the reasons indoor football is such a mess.

Return to “X-League”