X-League Announces Championship Challenge

The X-League forum
Fran
Site Admin

X-League Announces Championship Challenge

Post by Fran » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:48 pm

This will never happen and this league has yet to prove it can get through a season without cancelled games

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4881071

After several months of discussion, expansion and consideration, the X-League announced today that its member teams are issuing a challenge to other indoor football leagues to create a championship tournament that will include the champion of the X-League, the CIF, the PIFL and the IFL.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm

[quote=""Fran""]This will never happen and this league has yet to prove it can get through a season without cancelled games

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4881071

After several months of discussion, expansion and consideration, the X-League announced today that its member teams are issuing a challenge to other indoor football leagues to create a championship tournament that will include the champion of the X-League, the CIF, the PIFL and the IFL.[/quote]

Could not agree with you more, the PIFL and the IFL will never agree to become part of this circus side show. Furthermore, it sort of bothers me that OSC would publish this trash without checking with the other leagues for an official comment, this is nothing more than a publicity stunt to make the X-League seem like they belong with the bigger kids on the block, I would have thought that OSC would not be duped into this.

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:00 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]Could not agree with you more, the PIFL and the IFL will never agree to become part of this circus side show. Furthermore, it sort of bothers me that OSC would publish this trash without checking with the other leagues for an official comment, this is nothing more than a publicity stunt to make the X-League seem like they belong with the bigger kids on the block, I would have thought that OSC would not be duped into this.[/quote]

I don't expect balanced journalism to be garnered from press releases. That said, there's nothing to stop literally anyone (traditional media reporters and otherwise) from writing up their own thoughts and perspectives about this challenge.
Last edited by DCAbloob on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firehawk5
Site Admin

Post by firehawk5 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Not to mention the X-League and their own gimmick scoring system, so determining which league rules were used would be a challenge in and of itself.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Even if you let the X-League play with their scoring rules and the other opponent played with their scoring rules, the champion from the IFL, PIFL, or CIF would beat the X-League team handily, there are not enough 14 point touchdowns that could be scored in one minute to overcome the pasting the X champion would receive.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:16 pm

The ABA used to issue such challenges (even to the NBA) and most people just laughed at them. Same thing here.

DatDude
Site Admin

Post by DatDude » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:11 am

I dont even see how this league is going to manage to get through the season intact. Too many teams with issues. Look at last year and all of the fake games they had 55-25.....lol Lets all sit back and enjoy the sideshow, to bad it will give Indoor Football one more black eye

Return to “X-League”