Worth watching? Year 2?

The X-League forum
crackerjack2911
Site Admin

Worth watching? Year 2?

Post by crackerjack2911 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:21 pm

I live near Fayetteville, NC. I have planned on going to a Heroes game way before now. I just now starting paying attention to them because these more intimate lower teir sporting events interest me. I grew up in Greenville, SC where we had ECHL hockey and Carolina Rhinos/Greenville Force indoor football. So I would love to take my kids to a heroes game soon.

Are the games worth going too?

I read the previous post and clearly X-League is expanding and planning on a year 2. Did they prove everyone wrong or is it just luck? I'm not so sure about the scoring rules but indoor football is indoor football right?

I would love to take my kids, and attend some heroes games for some indoor football excitement...just hope its worth it

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 am

By all means go to a game, our opinions do not really matter, let your eyes be the judge of whether the product is worth while. Yes, the X-League is expanding but the league had multiple teams that struggled last season and did not play a full schedule, always a warning flag for any league.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Apparently there will be at least 13 teams for the upcoming X-League season. This is from the Alabama Outlawz Twitter. Several teams have been announced already. I only see 10 listed on the league's site though. Looks like they are picking up a few CIFL teams.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Chicago is definitely going the X from the CIFL, Saginaw is also rumored going to the X, and Marion is being rumored going to the AIF, but who knows?
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:08 am

Well, any respect I had left for the Saginaw franchise will be gone if they wind up playing in the X-League...

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:35 pm

[quote=""newiflfan""]Well, any respect I had left for the Saginaw franchise will be gone if they wind up playing in the X-League...[/quote]

I would have said this about any of these teams moving over to the X after the end of last season but these things change so fast. The X-League has a chance to be a lot more profitable this upcoming season. Once the waters clear, we should see the official addition of several CIFL teams resulting in less travel and hopefully less teams folding mid-season.

The league could still use some solid sponsors to offset cost. I don't care much for the "gimmicks" that the league has but maybe they can come up with a system and balance that works for the average fan. Having saw a couple games last season, I noticed the field is quite different in distance and rules from city to city. Some clearly label the "X-Spot" some don't. That kind of stuff needs to be addressed. Each team also really needs a media relations person. Too many teams without stats and official rosters.

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Marion has been announced to the X-League.
http://www.xleaguefootball.com/news/mar ... oin-xleagu

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:11 pm

[quote=""DCAbloob""]Marion has been announced to the X-League.
http://www.xleaguefootball.com/news/mar ... oin-xleagu[/quote]

From the Release:
"The full roster of X-League teams now includes the Alabama Outlawz, Cape Fear Heroes, Chicago Blitz, Corpus Christi Fury, Florida Marine Raiders, Marion Blue Racers, Florida Tarpons, Georgia Rampage, Rio Grande Valley Sol, Savannah Steam, and St. Louis Attack.

The X-League is still reviewing expansion applications as well as communicating with additional established teams about joining the existing 11 teams that make up the X-league. The current line-up of teams is expected to grow further as we get closer to the 2015 X-League Season"

Good note on the quality of the new teams being added. We will see how it goes. I hope they settle on 12 and don't go wild on letting everyone in.

DatDude
Site Admin

Post by DatDude » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:16 am

I think Marion and Chicago made a Huge mistake!!!!! This league is a joke and I cant see Saginaw going to them. Might as well put on clown shoes and a clown nose to coach and or play in these games..... The travel alone will shut down half of the league..... #mink #AH #LC

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:01 am

Saginaw may not have many options at this point, the X-League may be their only option, play in the X or do not play at all.

Return to “X-League”