Worth watching? Year 2?

The X-League forum
coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:26 am

"The X" sounds more like an alternative rock radio station than a professional football league. lol.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Personally, X reminds me more of divorce, as in, I would like to divorce myself from this league!

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Seriously,
If my team went to the X league, at this point I would say they lost a
supporter & a 3 season tkts holder. (4yrs running)

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:13 pm

If Saginaw goes to this trash league I can't help but wonder if their finances are in shambles as a result of their massive failed effort at buying/running the CIFL.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:38 am

Realistically, what options does Saginaw really have? At one point, Saginaw had an option with the PIFL. Outside of that, where do they fit geographically with other leagues? IFL makes some sense but there is no way the IFL's economic model fits with Saginaw and the IFL has already released its schedule. What does that leave them as options? CIF, but does that make sense geographically, I would say no. That leaves the X-League, the AIF, or nothing. I am not sure that the best option for Saginaw is NOTHING.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Also would like to point out that the average fan does not care or probably even know what indoor league their team is in. It changes so often in Indoor Football. Take the Columbus Lions for example. They have played in several different leagues over the last decade. I would imagine that most fans don't know the history of what league they have been in and most cant actually name the PIFL from any other league walking in the door. They just understand that their team is competitive and it is affordable family entertainment. Past that it is up to each team to put on an entertaining & professional sporting event.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:24 am

[quote=""Minor League Mania""]Also would like to point out that the average fan does not care or probably even know what indoor league their team is in. It changes so often in Indoor Football. Take the Columbus Lions for example. They have played in several different leagues over the last decade. I would imagine that most fans don't know the history of what league they have been in and most cant actually name the PIFL from any other league walking in the door. They just understand that their team is competitive and it is affordable family entertainment. Past that it is up to each team to put on an entertaining & professional sporting event.[/quote]

I would tend to agree with this, sans the ArenaFL, but the diehards of course will know and you want them to keep coming too.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:58 pm

[quote=""4th&long""]I would tend to agree with this, sans the ArenaFL, but the diehards of course will know and you want them to keep coming too.[/quote]

Yeah, the die hard indoor football fans are probably few and far between. Maybe a small percentage of your season ticket holders really care about what league they are in. For the X-League fans, year two looks like an improvement for the teams that were in X last season. Year 2 could be a fresh start for the ones that were not. It all comes down to the main question, how many games will be canceled or postponed? If the league completes all the games and has no major building/officiating issues it should be solid. Gimmick rules and all. I still would like to see a couple of those go away personally. X-dash to start the game is OK. I can even deal with double points in the final minute of the game, but no X-Spot and no defensive points for stops. The score keepers in the local buildings really have no clue on how to score the games correctly and fans are also confused. Keep it simple!

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:03 pm

They have changed the rule set again this season, no double points but agreed, the key to this league is can they play without and BS or cancelled games. Until they can, this league is a joke from a fan's perspective.

Return to “X-League”