PIFL website still down

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
4th&long
Site Admin

PIFL website still down

Post by 4th&long » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:45 pm

The PIFL website is still down...

With the other news, ie Trenton on ropes, Erie leaving is the PIFL really a better run league? Perhaps it's time to merge?

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 pm

There are several reasons I've heard why Erie has left the PIFL.
Be assured it had nothing to do with their poor performance on the field.
For such a poor record (what? 2 - 10 ) they still drew a respectable 1835
fans per home game.
Competition wise the PIFL is excellent. There are other reasons.
Why is this web site down?
I don't want to throw stones at the PIFL. I'll leave that to others

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:40 pm

We've seen too often in indoor football where well-run leagues, as opposed to the rinky-dink ones, can't hold on to teams and don't expand rapidly enough to make up for losses. We'll see what happens here. The PIFL needs to get its domain name under its control and make sure that detail gets taken care of consistently. I don't think this is the first time this has happened.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Is an average of 1835 a game respectable now?

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:53 pm

The only respectable number is a positive (or acceptably negative) one on the P&L. If you can make it work at 1,835, fine. I do not believe that's possible.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:39 am

No doubt, 1835 is not a money maker but considering the on field performance
well... it could've been worse ala Trenton Att no.s.
Erie must have some good sponsers. I don't know what loss or if they had a loss.
I know they flew to Columbus Ga so that's quite a whack.
I'd be willing to bet Erie loss a ton of money but maybe not so much that they close up shop.
Last edited by DFWCC on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 am

I think this bears repeating and probably applies to indoor football as well. From the Minor League Markets methodology:
Analyzing a total of 16 years of data over the course of these six studies, we’ve learned that win-loss percentages for the majority of baseball and hockey teams — about 70 percent of the teams tracked in the study are in these two sports — create little attendance variance, so that criterion is excluded from the methodology.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:07 am

[quote=""DFWCC""]No doubt, 1835 is not a money maker but considering the on field performance
well... it could've been worse ala Trenton Att no.s.
Erie must have some good sponsers. I don't know what loss or if they had a loss.
I know they flew to Columbus Ga so that's quite a whack.
I'd be willing to bet Erie loss a ton of money but maybe not so much that they close up shop.[/quote]

Shame, perhaps indoor FB is better to form smaller leagues, if Trenton finds a buyer a 6 team 10 games reg season with2 week playoff might be the way to go.

If the can partner with a similar league in another geographic region they can meet in a cross league championship.

The fact that Erie excelled elsewhere but struggled in the PIFL does imply the PIFL is a higher on field level of play.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:45 pm

[quote=""preeths""]I think this bears repeating and probably applies to indoor football as well. From the Minor League Markets methodology:[/quote]

That's interesting. The Erie Seawolves ( AA baseball ) who are having a dismal yr but over the last several yrs their ave att hasn't varied more then 450 fans per game ave in the last 5yrs.

The Erie Explosion's last yr's att ave was not good compared to others yrs where as a yearly ave had been more the a 1400 ave/game higher.
There are variations in # of games played so the ave is a common parameter.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:00 pm

[quote=""4th&long""]Shame, perhaps indoor FB is better to form smaller leagues, if Trenton finds a buyer a 6 team 10 games reg season with2 week playoff might be the way to go.

If the can partner with a similar league in another geographic region they can meet in a cross league championship.

The fact that Erie excelled elsewhere but struggled in the PIFL does imply the PIFL is a higher on field level of play.[/quote]

I agree. Smaller local leagues with traditional foes close enough for a day game travel, add to that an out of league game or 2 for variety. That should help keep interest peaked The traditional foes build the rivalry, the OOL contest peaks curiosity of a new team.

Return to “PIFL”