Once Again... Disappointment

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:49 am

[quote=""NashVenom""]I imagine you will be disappointed a few more times this year. Some of these teams are staffed with only a hand full of full time staff. Their responsibilities are many and the attendance numbers are honestly not at the top of the list. The turn around time for a game that goes back to back at home is about a week. Considering that games end late, there is not a lot of down time. When teams go on the road there are a whole other set of logistics that have to be put together. All of that plus their normal duties that include everything from coordinating sales, partnerships and sponsors to keep the doors open make the reporting of attendance numbers, while not unimportant, not at the top of the list.

I'd say just bare with the teams and they will get the numbers up eventually.[/quote]

Believe me, as a former part owner and before that a stats man for an outdoor football team. I did have a time constraint with the local newspaper for a complete box score including attendance at games. I am well aware of what it takes to put on a sporting event. Both outdoor and indoor.
Its not necessary to go into everything that goes on, but I can assure you I am familiar with every facet of the behind the scenes goings on. That also includes the off season ad sales, game pre-planning, game themes and lining up half time acts and crowd give-aways etc. announcements, media radio, TV, and print. Yes I do have a very good knowledge of what it takes to put on a game.
I know Erie has a game day volunteer staff of 3 to fill in stats. All they have to do on game day is fill in #s and get it to the coach after the game.
The coach turns it in to the PIFL. They in turn enter what they receive.
Its just that the stat guys aren't getting any numbers on att.

Incidently a good att # can be used as a sales tool for perspective advertiser
for dasher boards.

Another thing. low att #'s can be a harbinger of things that may signal a franchise in trouble. Perhaps the PIFL may be able to offer some type of
ancillary service to sustain the operation instead of being blindsided ala the Albany Panthers.

NashVenom
Site Admin

Post by NashVenom » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:13 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Believe me, as a former part owner and before that a stats man for an outdoor football team. I did have a time constraint with the local newspaper for a complete box score including attendance at games. I am well aware of what it takes to put on a sporting event. Both outdoor and indoor.
Its not necessary to go into everything that goes on, but I can assure you I am familiar with every facet of the behind the scenes goings on. That also includes the off season ad sales, game pre-planning, game themes and lining up half time acts and crowd give-aways etc. announcements, media radio, TV, and print. Yes I do have a very good knowledge of what it takes to put on a game.
I know Erie has a game day volunteer staff of 3 to fill in stats. All they have to do on game day is fill in #s and get it to the coach after the game.
The coach turns it in to the PIFL. They in turn enter what they receive.
Its just that the stat guys aren't getting any numbers on att.

Incidently a good att # can be used as a sales tool for perspective advertiser
for dasher boards.

Another thing. low att #'s can be a harbinger of things that may signal a franchise in trouble. Perhaps the PIFL may be able to offer some type of
ancillary service to sustain the operation instead of being blindsided ala the Albany Panthers.[/quote]

I didn't mean for that to sound contentious at all. I was just making an overall statement. Plus sometimes the numbers aren't available at the very moment they are needed. I'm sure the numbers will be up eventually.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Great.
If you get to Erie for the may 3rd game, I owe you one.
My season seats are in Sec 205 Row K seats 1, 2 , & 3.
Didn't need 3 but bought two extras just to help out the team.
lookin' fwd to seeing you.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Side note here.
I see that the PIFL has updated their stats page to include
last week's ATT numbers.

Well.. "Shut my mouth wide open" as the old saying goes.
and that I will do as it seems it is I who has little patience.
I will endeavor to correct this and continue to hold the
PIFL in the high esteem I always have.

NashVenom
Site Admin

Post by NashVenom » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:55 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Great.
If you get to Erie for the may 3rd game, I owe you one.
My season seats are in Sec 205 Row K seats 1, 2 , & 3.
Didn't need 3 but bought two extras just to help out the team.
lookin' fwd to seeing you.[/quote]

Not sure if I will come up with the team or not. Still waiting to see what happens up to that time. But I'll see you at the Home game if you make it.

NashVenom
Site Admin

Post by NashVenom » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:57 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Side note here.
I see that the PIFL has updated their stats page to include
last week's ATT numbers.

Well.. "Shut my mouth wide open" as the old saying goes.
and that I will do as it seems it is I who has little patience.
I will endeavor to correct this and continue to hold the
PIFL in the high esteem I always have.[/quote]

I can tell you one of the issues last week with the Venom is that we had tornado sirens going off in downtown Nashville about an hour prior to the game. They evacuated all of us from the upper level rooms to the floor level during the warnings. Because of the horrible weather, we had a lot of late people showing up and some of those that came through might not have been identified properly. That said, all in all it wasn't a bad crowd considering it was Good Friday and the horrendous weather.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:42 pm

We had a play-off game 2yrs ago on Mother's Day.
The Att fig given early was 1,844, but by the 3rd qtr
the crowd had swelled another 6-700+. I suppose after
taking mom out for dinner many patrons finally made it to the game.

The att number stood at 1,844 but should have been higher.
Not my call to make changes. :)

Androo402
Site Admin

Post by Androo402 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:37 am

Speaking of disappointment...Trenton didn't even break 1k.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:20 pm

I agree those are some unhappy numbers for Trenton.
I certainly hope the fans in NJ and the nearby PA help support the
franchise. Here's pulling for the Freedom to start bringing in another 1500 to2000 fans per game.
Good luck Freedom fans.

hosbogs
Site Admin

Post by hosbogs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Lehigh Valley was listed in the Morning call as 3,700 tickets sold

Return to “PIFL”