Erie Explosion to Play ASI Panthers

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

Erie Explosion to Play ASI Panthers

Post by Fran » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:03 am

Smart move by Erie, ASI is not far away so some of their fans may travel to erie and it should be a competitive game.

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4934576

Today team owners Bill Stafford of the Erie Explosion and Bill Mattis of the ASI Panthers agreed to play a game on Sunday April 26, 2015 in the Erie Insurance Arena.
This agreement was signed by both parties to fill a game date left open by the suspension of operations by the Harrisburg Stampede. The Professional Indoor Football League ( PIFL) asked each team to develop options to fill openings in the league game schedule with a minimum of disruption for all teams and has done so now for all home games.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Problem as I see it.
Erie Explosion beat the ASI Panthers 66 to 12 last year.
The Panthers were announced as a replacement team. Non-professional.

Now I know ASI has upgraded to the AIF, especially in coaching aspect and I also know that was last yr. Things change from yr to yr. They may even trounce the Explosion.
Fans Remember!
Unfortunatly, they remember the slaughter. Who wants to see another laugher?
Erie should market the game as being against the READING Panthers and de-emphasize the ASI (whatever that stands for) and push it as an
inter- league game.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:49 am

[quote=""DFWCC""]Problem as I see it.

Now I know ASI has upgraded to the AIF, especially in coaching aspect and I also know that was last yr. Things change from yr to yr. They may even trounce the Explosion.
Fans Remember!
Erie should market the game as being against the READING Panthers and de-emphasize the ASI (whatever that stands for) and push it as an
inter- league game.[/quote]

ASI = AllStarInc

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Thx. Would've never guessed.

amack93
Site Admin

Post by amack93 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:55 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Problem as I see it.

Fans Remember!
inter- league game.[/quote]

So you're upset that: the Explosion are playing a team that wasn't professional last year but is now, the Panthers joined the AIF, these two played in a game in which some won by a large margin (GASP what a shocker), and that the ASI Panthers have an unique name.

You can poke fun at the Panthers all you want, but you should remember that you're talking about arena football. As someone living 1 1\2 hours away from any arena football in Port Huron, you should be fortunate the Explosion found someone to play let alone find a league to play in. Nitpick all you like. If you feel obligated to vent your personal opinions on this forum with a sense of authority, I feel obligated to feel these opinions of yours are highly questionable to say the very least.

By the way, would you rather go watch some professional arena football or some interleague arena football? When Manchester United plays the Chicago Fire, I don't think they would advertise as an interleague soccer game.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:11 pm

One of the worst kept secrets in the PIFL this season, glad they finally got around to announcing the fourth and final game. Frankly, all of these inter-league games in the PIFL are lose-lose propositions, if Saginaw, Marion, or Reading win any of the four games, then the PIFL looks bad. The rescheduled games are costing the owners additional money and if the PIFL teams do not win by at least 20 points, then it begs the question is the PIFL really that much better than the AIF or X-League?

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:51 pm

[quote=""amack93""]So you're upset that: the Explosion are playing a team that wasn't professional last year but is now, the Panthers joined the AIF, these two played in a game in which some won by a large margin (GASP what a shocker), and that the ASI Panthers have an unique name.

You can poke fun at the Panthers all you want, but you should remember that you're talking about arena football. As someone living 1 1\2 hours away from any arena football in Port Huron, you should be fortunate the Explosion found someone to play let alone find a league to play in. Nitpick all you like. If you feel obligated to vent your personal opinions on this forum with a sense of authority, I feel obligated to feel these opinions of yours are highly questionable to say the very least.

By the way, would you rather go watch some professional arena football or some interleague arena football? When Manchester United plays the Chicago Fire, I don't think they would advertise as an interleague soccer game.[/quote]

WHAT are you smok'n?
Let me break this down for you.
Problem as I see it.
The Panthers were announced as a replacement team. Non-professional

At Last year's game which was a replacement game for Detroit. The ASI Panthers were announce as a non-professional replacement team. Ok so far.
The game was barely more then a practice session as the Explosion obliterated the Panthers by a score of 66 to 12.
Problem
When twice last yr when Erie blew out teams by 50 to 100 points. The following games were half normal attendance. Fans won't come to see a 50, 60 or more point blowout. Fact I've seen it over the last 7 years. Owner looses big time.

Fans Remember

Does that sound like I'm really upset?
I am alluding to the fact the Panthers have upgraded in the form of a new quality coach and are now paying their players ergo attracting possibly better players. They are in the AIF and I expect they will give Erie a worthy contest and may even win. Fans remember last yr's blowout and if they think its the same team. They will stay away from another blowout. The casual fan may
not realize this is a whole new Panthers team. They will equate the ASI Panthers with last years amateur team. That's why I think it should be sold as the Reading Panthers as Saginaw is selling their game.

push it as an inter- league game

Sell it as an inter-league game which it is. Giving all due respect to the professionalism they espouse to being part of the AIF.

Now in all this statement where do you see I'm so upset?
I just see it as a way to lift the status of the opponent as the Reading Panthers a professional team in the AIF and not the same weaker team as last year.

Disclaimer.
These are just my opinion. We all have them and that's what makes this board work.
I am just a 7 year season ticket holding fan. I pay for all my own tickets and have no decision power within the Erie Explosion or any other team or league

firehawk5
Site Admin

Side Note....

Post by firehawk5 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Aaron Smetanka just got waived

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Was a shocker, for me also.
On last nights Erie Explosion Coaches show, the Question was asked.

See Erie Explosion FB page click on Keystonesports/net for complete
podcast Coach Liotta and PIHL guest Fb ops &CD Ron Selesky

Aaron Smentaka got married during the the off season and
well you know how these wives can be... Maybe not. (my opinion).

However Aaron has decided not to continue playing football
unless he gets a call from the bigs. He did have a workout with
the Az Rattlers and Steelers.
Last edited by DFWCC on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “PIFL”