Georgia Fire Arena

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Georgia Fire Arena

Post by VinnyTheViper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:29 am

View of the playing field for tomorrow night's game in Rome, Georgia:

40 yard field utilizing the Tennessee Valley Vipers field and the Rio Grande Valley Dorados endzones of af2 fame. I will be in Rome tomorrow, I will take some pictures to give some indication as to the crowd size, but based upon advance tickets sales, I am not expecting much of a crowd. Walk up traffic is going to have to be huge.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

bamafan
Site Admin

Post by bamafan » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:43 pm

I will be there as well. Judging by their ticket system that allows you to see seats sold, it appears fewer than 100 tickets have sold.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:30 am

40 yd field of play?

And I thought the PIFL didn't take lessons from the Kane County Dawgs.
Ref:
Turf Gate 1, CIFL's Kane County"s short turf last yr
Turf Gate 2, CIFL's Detroit fiasco only 25 yds turf

Is anybody serious in Indoor Football?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:52 am

[quote=""DFWCC""]40 yd field of play?

And I thought the PIFL didn't take lessons from the Kane County Dawgs.
Ref:
Turf Gate 1, CIFL's Kane County"s short turf last yr
Turf Gate 2, CIFL's Detroit fiasco only 25 yds turf

Is anybody serious in Indoor Football?[/quote]

I don't see any turf issues there, beyond the annoyance that they aren't the Dorados.
What are you doing here?

bamafan
Site Admin

Post by bamafan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:48 am

I attended the game. The game was great but the atmosphere in Rome was awful. It felt like it was something that had just been thrown together in a hurry at the last minute. Probably 500 people there.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:53 pm

A day later during the game, the estimate of 500 fans total is probably about right, I applaud the PIFL for the attempt to fix the Albany mess, but Rome is nothing more than a costly band-aid, one and done. With a 40 yard field, you will never see a kick off return in this building, only attempts at uno's, every game in this building could and should come down to an unofest, who has the better kicker, the unos were 5 to 1 last night with a two point victory, the stupidest rule in all of indoor football is alive and well and thriving!

4th&long
Site Admin

Georgia Fire

Post by 4th&long » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Awful looking facility, but considering it was a last minute move - it was the right thing to do. Next year grab a team from another league or add one. But they reacted fast and did the best they could with it. Albany was never going to last as its too small a town to support even a 2nd tier indoor league.

So Why disrupt the entire leagues schedule and appear flimsy to local market fans when you can contain that to one city that likely is one and done.

The non-ArenaFL leagues need to consolidate and weed out weak ownership.

King Of The Jungle
Site Admin

Post by King Of The Jungle » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:48 pm

I think that good games breed good attendance. Rome is a small market and people talk so, I look for attendance to go up. Don't count them out for 2015 there is still a lot of time left.
They come to the Jungle this Friday. That means I am planning on the being 0 and 1 on Saturday. But, they will get better as the season goes on and they should be a force soon.

ROAR LIONS ROAR!
KOJ

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:13 pm

The Rome Braves Single A franchise is also in town, playing in an absolutely beautiful facility fit for a AAA team, the Georgia Fire will have their work cut out for them to draw much of anything in the Forum.

Return to “PIFL”