Newcomers Romp

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Newcomers Romp

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:50 pm

In the three Week 1 games, the first year PIFL teams, (Harrisburg, Nashville, Trenton) all defeated their established PIFL counterparts (Alabama, Columbus, Richmond). If this is the sign of things to come, it is going to be a crazy year!

hosbogs
Site Admin

Post by hosbogs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:40 pm

I was shocked to see this myself. Being a Steelhawks fan i was hoping for some easy wins....lol Yeah, could be a long season. :eek:

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:20 pm

I was surprise by the Richmond score. The Hbg/Columbus game could have gone either way.It was back and forth pretty much the whole game. Hbg didn't turn the ball over and that's why they were able to pull away a little at the end.I was impressed by Columbus QB Young and their FB Perry is a beast. I expect alot of close games this season in the PIFL.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:34 pm

The Week 2 games feature huge matchups:

Richmond @ Columbus - one of these two teams will be 0-2 after two weeks!

Alabama @ Georgia - can the defending champs afford to start 0-2?

Harrisburg @ Nashville - one of these two will be 2-0 after two weeks!

Trenton @ Lehigh Valley - can Trenton get to 2-0 against what many believe is the conference favorite?

4th&long
Site Admin

Trenton Freedom win stories

Post by 4th&long » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:28 pm

At least they got some media out of the win, good for them. Arena looked good, attendance needs help and that red carpet? Back to Green in a hurry, you are already trying to look like real FB, don't make it any harder.

http://www.trentonian.com/sports/201403 ... ay-victory

http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ss ... t_319.html

TRENTON — If someone came in blind to Sunday’s Trenton Freedom season opener, they would probably have had a hard time identifying which of the two teams were playing the first game in the franchise’s history.

The Freedom cruised Sunday against the Richmond Raiders, to the tune of a 52-17 blowout on the back of a dominant 34-3 first-half performance.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 am

I actually like everything Trenton is doing, killer uniforms and I like the field, it is something different and it goes with their color scheme. The team is pretty darn good too.

4th&long
Site Admin

Post by 4th&long » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:28 am

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I actually like everything Trenton is doing, killer uniforms and I like the field, it is something different and it goes with their color scheme. The team is pretty darn good too.[/quote]

I think so too as far Trenton working hard. I like their new logo and unis, especially compared to the bucs new ones.

But the field? No I don't like it. Like I was saying I want to watch FB this just screams it's not real FB. That' skits my opinion but that's what it is.

Arena-fan
Site Admin

Post by Arena-fan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Do you all think the Georgia Fire can be a contender this year, since they have a lot of the Albany panthers players who have won championships?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

Not really, they will be competitive and that is about it.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:22 pm

[quote=""4th&long""].
But the field? No I don't like it. Like I was saying I want to watch FB this just screams it's not real FB. That' skits my opinion but that's what it is.[/quote]

I like the field because it is different, much like the LA Kiss turf, now if you want to talk about something that screams of NOT REAL football, it is the UNO, the biggest GIMMICK in all of indoor football, I do not pay to see a Punt, Pass and Kick contest! You use clay pidgeons for target practice, not footballs!

Return to “PIFL”