More Expansion News

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:43 pm

If the Giant Center wouldn't allow the af2 in, what makes you think they'll let the PIFL in?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:38 pm

The same little birdie that suggested that Harrisburg would be moving from the AIF to the PIFL, we will see how this one turns out, but thus far, the info has been spot on.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Speaking of new teams. Trenton made an unfortunate comment on their Facebook account yesterday. Someone though it would be funny to compare the NY Giants game with the bombing of Pearl Harbor. NOT FUNNY.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:52 pm

While the comment was in poor taste, the comment was removed from the team's facebook page and an apology was offered.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I still do not believe that the roster of teams for 2014 has been finalized. I suspect that we will not see anymore additions up north, any of the remaining changes would more likely to be located in the south. Even though the league website shows eight teams, I count seven teams as confirmed in the mix for 2014. I believe that an eighth team is almost certain, and the outside chance for a nineth or tenth team being added is also possible if several fluid situations become a little more clear. We are getting down to the deadline when schedules have to be formulated, so I do not see this dragging out past October 31st. If pushed to guess, I still expect the final number to be eight.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:08 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]If the Giant Center wouldn't allow the af2 in, what makes you think they'll let the PIFL in?[/quote]

For one thing, the Giant Arena would be dealing with Mr. Colston instead of Mr. Kurz, I expect an announcement on the Harrisburg arena situation in very short order.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:29 pm

The search for PIFL teams for the 2014 season is down now to just three potential teams/markets. The league is still currently sitting at seven franchises: Alabama, Albany, Columbus, Harrisburg, Lehigh Valley, Richmond, and Trenton. Knoxville is still shown on the league website as active, however this is the only existing franchise that has yet to sign any players, so you can draw your own conclusions on that one. I believe that one of these three final franchise possibilities will materialize to give the league 8 teams. If some reason, should all three materialize, then the league could end up with 10 teams, however, I am not sure that will happen, the likelihood that all three can meet the PIFL entrance requirements seems remote to me. I expect the 2014 schedule to be released by October 31st and there could be pieces of the schedule announced prior to the 31st. In terms of the schedule, I expect that each team in the league will have a designated arch rival, arch rivals will play each other 3 times over the 12 game schedule. The two teams that are furthest away from your franchise, your team will play those teams only once in a season, one of those would be an away game and one of them a home game, this will limit the really long bus trip to one per season. Expect all other teams to be played twice in a home and home arrangement. These assumptions are being made based upon an 8 team league, if it ends up 9 or 10 teams, then the scheduling philosphy might have to change slightly.

SugarBear
Site Admin

Same owner

Post by SugarBear » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi Vinny

Doesn't the owner of the Alabama Hammers own the Knoxville team as well? Jeff Knight, Managing Director of Southern Sports and Entertainment, LLC.

Did they sell off either of the franchises? Or is the Knoxville just not drawing the #s they need to stay solvent?

Just curious.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm

You are correct, same ownership for both franchises, Alabama is signing players, Knoxville has not, observations that can both be made by looking at the league's transaction webpage. I believe that I know what is likely to happen, the Nighthawks have not officially folded as they still appear as a team on the PIFL website. I would classify it as TBD, but any change in the official status of this team needs to come directly from the franchise.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 pm

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2013 ... eague.html

Trenton Freedom press conference video embedded in article.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “PIFL”