VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Breaking News - Louisiana

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Alabama at Louisiana Game to be Rescheduled
By: Jeff Gonos
Director of Compliance
Professional indoor Football League

KNOXVILLE, Tenn (May 23, 2013)- The Professional Indoor Football League is evaluating rescheduling options surrounding this weekend’s game in Lake Charles, Louisiana between the Swashbucklers and the Alabama Hammers. Louisiana had informed the league in the past 24 hours of their position not to play as scheduled with no advanced warning. The league is examining rescheduling options that enable all member teams to complete a 12 game schedule.

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 pm

So are they saying Louisiana is choosing not to play this weekend or did the venue bump them? (Though I find the venue bumping thing being hard to believe considering their history).

Vinny do you think this may be the beginning of their exit to the LSFL for 2014? They claimed all season long that they got screwed schedule wise, so what do you think?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Only time will tell how this will play out, I would read the press release very carefully, the league's statement about this occurring in the last 24 hours, I can confirm that this was indeed the case, I received notification late last night that the Hammers would not be traveling to Louisiana.

Based upon on the past behavior of the PIFL owners in good standing, I can not see a situation where Louisiana will be suiting up in the PIFL for the 2014 season. In another thread, I mentioned that I thought one team could fold and another could relocate, now you know the one that I thought could fold.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Thu May 23, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 pm

I had thought it was them as well. Its almost a we don't care anymore scenario at least in the PIFL, especially since they think they are being "screwed" but like you said time will tell.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu May 23, 2013 8:24 pm

I frankly do not think this was a ploy to switch leagues, I think this is the Swashbucklers franchise walking the plank for the last time, glug, glug. However, time will tell.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm

League has updated their site with a slightly different presentation from an hour ago, added an additional sentence:

Alabama at Louisiana Game to be Rescheduled
By: Jeff Gonos
Director of Compliance
Professional indoor Football League

KNOXVILLE, TN (May 23, 2013) - The Professional Indoor Football League is evaluating rescheduling options surrounding this weekend’s game in Lake Charles, Louisiana between the Swashbucklers and the Alabama Hammers.

Louisiana had informed the league in the past 24 hours of their position not to play as scheduled with no advanced warning. The league is examining rescheduling options that enable all member teams to complete a 12 game schedule.

Stay tuned to http://www.proifl.com for more details as they unfold.

LewInDenver
Site Admin

Post by LewInDenver » Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Welcome to rest of the Indoor Leagues! Hopefully this will not derail any efforts for next season and most of all I feel for the players who will lose income and opportunity. The league has seen it's fair share of Boo-boos this year. First Charlotte, then Louisiana during the season has brought the league back to the pack.
OUT

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Thu May 23, 2013 10:18 pm

that does suck but I was hoping to at least see them finish the season. I never thought they should be in the PIFL anyway. Even in their days in the SIFL they were always in the Texas Division because it made sense for them travel wise. I knew if it was going to get too bad for one team I knew it would be them also just because they are the true outlier of the PIFL and they aren't as dominant as they have been in the past.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu May 23, 2013 10:24 pm

[quote=""LewInDenver""]Welcome to rest of the Indoor Leagues! Hopefully this will not derail any efforts for next season and most of all I feel for the players who will lose income and opportunity. The league has seen it's fair share of Boo-boos this year. First Charlotte, then Louisiana during the season has brought the league back to the pack.[/quote]

1. Charlotte happened before they even played a down in the PIFL, furthermore, this action was initiated by the league due to changing circumstances that occurred with the owner. No actions in this scenario affected the on-the-field level of play whatsoever. Pre-emptive action was taken by the league in an effort to prevent a situation like the league is currently dealing with.

2. It depends upon how the league handles the Louisiana situation. If the league allows a street team to play in the place of the Swashbucklers, then I agree, then the PIFL takes on some of the strench associated with the UIFL or AIF. However, if the league finds a way to allow the actual Swashbucker roster to finish out the season, then that is a far cry from dipping to the depths of the travel brochure leagues like the UIFL and the AIF. Time will tell.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Looking on the bright side, IF LA does fold, maybe Morris will let a AIF travel team play at Richmond 06/15. EASY WIN FOR THE RAIDERS!!! WOOOO

Return to “PIFL”