2013 Expansion

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
Mr.Ed
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Ed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 am

[quote=""Commando678""]Charlotte speed confirmed via Facebook that they are indeed joining the PIFL.[/quote]

Looks like somebody getting ahead of themselves.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:07 pm

MICRO67

Hammer & Sickle?....
Really?....

firehawk5
Site Admin

Post by firehawk5 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:10 pm

I think that the Florida Tarpons and Lakeland Raiders should join the PIFL and just fold up the UIFL. It's a mess

chuckyman
Site Admin

Post by chuckyman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:13 pm

The charlotte speed logo is no longer present on the IFL website so I don't think they getting ahead of themselves I think they maybe right on point lol.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:23 pm

And the Spreed logo is present on the PIFL website...and vice versa.

Waiting for the PR...but welcome to the PIFL, Speed!

EDIT: PIFL says a PR will come up after the DNC is over-understood, as they don't want to get lost in the shuffle.
Last edited by Minor League Man on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Speedy job by you guys in figuring out who the 8th team PIFL team is, the Charlotte Speed.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:34 pm

[quote=""firehawk5""]I think that the Florida Tarpons and Lakeland Raiders should join the PIFL and just fold up the UIFL. It's a mess[/quote]

I do not think that you would see either Florida or Lakeland added to the PIFL, yes the UIFL is a complete mess and that is exactly why the PIFL wants nothing to do with the folks responsible for getting the UIFL into the shape it is currently in. The PIFL has expanded in 2012 toward the Mid Atlantic region, I would expect to see additional expansion efforts to occur in the same direction, that is toward Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina, maybe not for 2013, but future seasons. Florida is completely a different direction, in more ways than one, than where the league is currently headed. The PIFL selects who its wants to invite to the league, not the other way around.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FootInBallDoor
Site Admin

Post by FootInBallDoor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 am

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I do not think that you would see either Florida or Lakeland added to the PIFL, yes the UIFL is a complete mess and that is exactly why the PIFL wants nothing to do with the folks responsible for getting the UIFL into the shape it is currently in. The PIFL has expanded in 2012 toward the Mid Atlantic region, I would expect to see additional expansion efforts to occur in the same direction, that is toward Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina, maybe not for 2013, but future seasons. Florida is completely a different direction, in more ways than one, than where the league is currently headed. The PIFL selects who its wants to invite to the league, not the other way around.[/quote]

I'd like to see Trenton and Baltimore return under new owners. Cape Fear (under new ownership) and Harrisburg could end up being solid additions.
Go Amarillo Venom!

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 am

[quote=""FootInBallDoor""]I'd like to see Trenton and Baltimore return under new owners. Cape Fear (under new ownership) and Harrisburg could end up being solid additions.[/quote]

There is a saying in real estate, "It is all about location, location, location". The PIFL seems to have a similar statement that they abide by, "It is all about ownership, ownership, ownership"! Between these two statements, you could pretty much sum up what is important to the PIFL expansion process. As for markets that would make real sense to me going forward I would suggest the following possible markets: Reading, PA; Harrisburg, PA; Trenton, NJ; Baltimore, MD; Norfolk, VA; Greensboro, NC. If any of these markets could produce stable ownership groups based upon the PIFL's criteria, then they would make fine locations for a franchise.

FootInBallDoor
Site Admin

Post by FootInBallDoor » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:38 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]There is a saying in real estate, "It is all about location, location, location". The PIFL seems to have a similar statement that they abide by, "It is all about ownership, ownership, ownership"! Between these two statements, you could pretty much sum up what is important to the PIFL expansion process. As for markets that would make real sense to me going forward I would suggest the following possible markets: Reading, PA; Harrisburg, PA; Trenton, NJ; Baltimore, MD; Norfolk, VA; Greensboro, NC. If any of these markets could produce stable ownership groups based upon the PIFL's criteria, then they would make fine locations for a franchise.[/quote]

Greensboro and Norfolk probably don't have the right venues. Winston-Salem might be better. I'd like to see Southaven, MS and Reading also eventually considered.
Go Amarillo Venom!

Return to “PIFL”