Players Using Profanity

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
eaglegene
Site Admin

Post by eaglegene » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Here's the problem. The casual use of offensive words just shows
lack of respect for others. Especially to ladies and children.
Example.
I was at a CVS waiting for a prescription as was this 28ish to maybe 33 yr old.
Then his phone rang and well you know how some people just start to talk louder and their voice will carry, his did. I actually asked him to tone it down a little in a public place.

I'm old school. I swear like a drunken sailor ( which I was on many occasions) but not in mixed company or out in public. I've always kept a civil toungue. I don't even swear in front of my wife of 35yrs. You know that's control for 35yrs.

Point being. There's a place for it. For the ears of adoring children not.
How do you explain to your children even if they are in row 10 or15 and hear
eFF'n this & that. You try to explain " bad words?" , so now the hero in the child's eye is bad or is it ok when they start swearing at 5, 6, or 9 10.[/quote]

The unfortunate thing is that most kids hear way worse things in school from other kids who bring their gutter language & behaviors from home. So even if it were policed in the arenas it wouldnt make much of a difference outside of it. Even worse, the kids spend 8hrs or so per day in school as opposed to, at most, 3hrs per week in an arena, on a seasonal basis. I guess what im trying to say is that its a tiny fix to a BIG problem all over. The best anyone could hope for, if it really bothers them, is to minimize it cause they will never stop it 100%.

eaglegene
Site Admin

Post by eaglegene » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:25 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]I must agree, you do have a point. Although in the heat of the game some get carried away, so be it on the occasional basis, but those that can't talk without every other word being the F word should be cautioned to tone it down and if they continue be penalized. I see too many these days whose idea of mastering the English language is no sentence without the F word inserted. Such a shame.[/quote]

I agree Jerry. Every other word doesnt have to be eff this and eff that but in the heat of the moment, whether its a rule infraction or not, chances are the eff words will fly.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:12 pm

[quote=""eaglegene""]I agree Jerry. Every other word doesnt have to be eff this and eff that but in the heat of the moment, whether its a rule infraction or not, chances are the eff words will fly.[/quote]

I have no problem with the heat of the moment thing, none at all.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:24 pm

When I was a lad. You couldn't make a movie with certain words and they weren't heard on any radio. Yeah they were around but most adults exhibited self control. Now the youth of today use it to show " I'm so mad I'll use the eff
word bec I saw it in a movie. I can really show my emotions and sound like an adult. I can curse."
They actually show their lack of intellegence and command of the English language if those are the best adjectives they can come up with.
Come to think of it, it would be a little funny if a player yelled out "oh fornication".
I understand the heat of battle thing. They get pizzed off all game long but go after a fan in the stands or take your helmet off and swing at another player is immediate ejection. They pretty much control that and a 1x warning on cursing/game should suffice.

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:10 am

Listen to the top 40 songs on billboard, most have profanity in them and the radio versions bleep out the bad words. This is the American culture right now. Most kids understand what's going on though, civilization is not coming to an end.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 am

[quote=""BananaCat""] civilization is not coming to an end.[/quote]
Ah, but the Myan's beg to differ. :eek:

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:43 am

There's always someone predicting the end and yet we trudge on year after year. We'll most likely kill ourselves off through nuclear war before a natural disaster can take care of us.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Frak, we are still talking about this

lol, sorry.. couldnt help myself
Changes.... they are a coming......

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:44 am

Hi Rob! Can you believe the sport is surviving without us?

What were we talking about again -- the Mayan apocalypse or potty-mouth pigskinners. Both are bad m'kay?
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Return to “PIFL”