Really Now Why!

suge night
Site Admin

Really Now Why!

Post by suge night » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Weekly sports report on this site

I noticed they even mentioned the aba simply why? when a league has as many folding teams and or teams not finishing and in some cases not being anything more than a name, why report.

I'm not knocking the publisher but I do question some of the reporting.

American Basketball Association: The Colorado Cougars are expected to return to the ABA for the 2017-18 season after a two-year absence from the league. The Cougars last played a partial schedule in the league\'s At Large Division for the 2013-14 season with home games played in Loveland. The Cougars will be added to the Great Plains Division.
Last edited by suge night on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mateinsixtynine
Site Admin

Post by mateinsixtynine » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Colorado Cougars didn't play any game two years ago either (or else never bothered to tell anybody if they did). With many teams west of the Mississippi already made schedules, its unlikely they'll play any scheduled games this year either. The Cougars haven't played any games for 4 years now.

Joe had the same announcement with "Utah Stars" a few months ago saying the same thing, and there's no activity with them.

This is just another announcement from Joe trying to create the appearance there's more teams than really exist and hoping he can few new suckers especially in Rocky Mountains area.

The weekly sports team report should probably consider excluding ABA since most teams are amateur now and an announced team has less than 50% of playing any games, and almost no chance of getting even triple digit attendance at games.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:13 am

[quote=""suge night""]I'm not knocking the publisher but I do question some of the reporting.
[/quote]

Krieger doesn't report. He compiles. He believes anything anyone writes or blogs about, ever, and doesn't bother to do even a modicum of fact checking.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “General Basketball”