Minor League Basketball History Site Launches

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:10 pm

I normally wouldn't chime in on this type of stuff, but my subjective opinion is this argument should have stayed private and you may have attempted to go that route but felt this was your only recourse to get the attention of the other party.
This is I'm sure a mess of a situation, but you should probably go to other means to get this resolved. And we that visit this board are not privy to all the particulars and we shouldn't be so yes be angry but take this back in house, a good sign of that is you answered your own post question now that's nothing all that new but most of those are just post in fun ,this is a personal post that you bring before the board posters after you cool down rethink the public post on your business remember someone is always judging so could this reflect on future opportunities? one would hope not but you never know.
Good Luck to you.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:42 am

Forget that nonsense.

People need to be shamed publicly sometimes.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

mateinsixtynine
Site Admin

Post by mateinsixtynine » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:36 pm

I don't think it really matters. EIBA appears to be dead anyways.

Kansas City Soul is the new name for Missouri Rhythm ABA team, which seems to play only a few games each year. The Soul seems to appear as a name with three different non-leagues (not including ABA) in the last year.

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:48 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Forget that nonsense.

People need to be shamed publicly sometimes.[/quote]

Absolutely. There seems to be a philosophy among some in minor league basketball that they are doing you a favor when you do work for them. A lot are very honest and work hard, but there is a large minority that need an attitude adjustment.

I haven't come across that in my work with other sports.

I'll comment more on EIBA at a later date, but with five owners of the league, there is no reason why they couldn't come up with the very small contract fee (believe me when I say it was small), especially when they were complimenting my work and asking for more right up to the point where I started demanding that my bills be addressed.

Dave

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:01 pm

FYI, The EIBA's second attempt at having a "first" game has fallen through.

The Southeast Royals were supposed to travel up to Boston to play New England on Saturday and Sunday, but they couldn't make the trip. The Conquerors have replaced them with a semi-pro team.

Ironically, they Royals opponent for their home opener two weeks ago pulled out too but they were able to bring up the Florida Flight as a last minute replacement.

Dave
Last edited by dmbishop on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Royals home opener was two weeks ago not one

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:45 pm

League's like this one have no business attempting to be a long haul travel company with guys who are simply working everyday to put gas in the car.

There is no way for them to travel maintain a hotel and food for two days I'll just leave it at that... :!:

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:20 am

[quote=""dmbishop""]Ironically, they Royals opponent for their home opener two weeks ago pulled out too but they were able to bring up the Florida Flight as a last minute replacement.[/quote]

Why is that irony?

That's coincidence.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “General Basketball”